The Management Accountant for Geronimo is sole individual responsible for preparing all aspects of the company's accounting as well as the Sales & Purchase ledgers and assistance with commercial contracts. The role reports to the Commercial Finance Director, who provides oversight and guidance.
This role presents an excellent opportunity to gain a wide-ranging and varied finance experience within a small, friendly, family-run business. Key ResponsibilitiesAccounting
Banking and bank reconciliations
- Month end management accounts, providing commentary and detailed variance analysis (Xero & Excel)
- Month end procedures including month end JNL, accruals and prepayments
- Review account transactions ensuring accuracy and efficiency.
- Sales ledger
- Production of all sales invoices, approx. 50 per year
- Accounts Receivable processing
- Accounts receivable estimate calculation,
- PO processing and invoicing on Xero and Ariba.
- Follow up with AR payments on Ford Covisnt ePayables
- Purchase Ledger
- Accounts payable processing through receipt bank and AP analysis and reconciliation
- Year end audit, R&D reclaim calculations and statutory reporting
- Development costs allocation and processing
- Travel costs monitoring and reporting
- VAT Returns
- Deferred income calculation and management
- Fixed asset register and depreciation
- P&L analysis and market allocation
- Ensuring correct allocation of expenses
- Reporting - Accounts and ad-hoc analysis
Budgets & Forecasting
- Allocating payments received correctly from Euro, DKK or GBP bank account
- Weekly payments processing on HSBC
- Month end revenue report and management accounts for External Lenders
- Payroll processing, payments and submission, including pension and P11D
Qualifications, Key Skills & Experience
- Detailed cash flow management and updating actuals for forecast model
- Monitoring business performance against forecast / budgets
- Budget processing and variance analysis.
- Insurance management and payment
- Assistance with Client Contracts (DocuSign)
- Market estimates (Annual Billing, Renewals & New Markets)
The role would suit a QBE accountant (5-10 years' experience) or a Part-Qualified accountant already with experience outside of Practice, looking to complete their training.
The successful candidate must have experience of producing management accounts and have handled most or all aspects of a company's financial system.
They will need to be self-motivated and work well in a small team.