Group Financial Controller - 80-100kOur Company
Bensons for Beds is the largest Bed Retailer in the UK with 200+sites within shopping centres and retail parks. We are a self-sufficient brand, over 70% of our products are made in our UK based manufacturing sites. Across Logistics, Retail and Manufacturing we have over 4000+ employees.
We are looking for a Group Financial Controller to lead our Finance department. This is a key leadership role in the development of financial capabilities and standards throughout the business. Will have the opportunity to work at Board level and with external PE investor to shape the business and help it deliver its ambitious 3 year plan.Key Responsibilities
You will be responsible fopr the Management and development of the Group finance function and working alongside Retail and Manufacturing divisional finance teams.
Your key stakeholders in the business will be the Group Board, Divisional Management, Divisional Finance Teams and the external PE Management Team
What we are looking for
- Business partnering with the Executive team, including CEO, and providing insightful monthly and ad hoc reporting and analysis of financial results.
- Main point of contact for board, investor and bank reporting, including covenant tracking and forecasting.
- Oversee development and maintenance of group and divisional cash flow forecasting models (weekly and monthly) and ensuring adequate funding and liquidity for the group.
- Oversee and review consolidated financial analysis for period reporting and forecasting, and collaborative development of divisional models.
- Building and developing the small but crucial Group finance team.
- Maintain Group Risk Register.
- Management of the annual audit and preparation of year-end statutory accounts.
- Oversight of treasury activities across the group.
- Development of business wide financial controls, risk management and corporate governance procedures.
- Ownership and development of the Group accounting policies manual, including leading on projects to determine the impact of new and amended accounting standards.
- Managing the audit relationship and liaising with external advisers on accounting and treasury matters
- Lead ad hoc projects and activities as requested
- ACA qualified with Top tier firm, ten years+ PQE
- Technically strong, familiar with latest accounting standards
- Consolidation of group accounts and cashflows, managing group cash position
- Statutory reporting for group & divisions
- Experience in Retail is preferable
- Experience of implementing effective controls & processes
- External stakeholder reporting, production of Board packs and commentary, use of BI for Board dashboard
- Variety of industry experience, retail is essential (must have worked in senior role in retail), manufacturing will be advantageous
- Good understanding of business analysis methods and their application
- Experience outside of Finance, preferably with exposure to commercial functions
- Full UK driving licence
- Flexible to work throughout the UK
Interested in the role, please Click Apply