Due to ongoing growth, we are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our Development Team, based in Guildford.
The right individual will have a strong passion for software engineering & developing the processes and practices applied to a quality assurance role. You must be highly driven by the benefits of automation and able to deliver high quality coded automation tests and frameworks, within the required deadlines. You will have excellent communication skills are required along with strong attention to detail.
This role will be crucial in supporting our Agile software development lifecycle, evangelising quality, and developing and maintaining automated tests and framework solutions; that will ultimately enable the team to develop Xceptor faster. You will be responsible for the planning, design, and execution of automated testing on simple to complex features; as part of our continuous integration and deployment practices.Responsibilities
Skills and Experience
- Develop test plans and test cases for coded automation tests
- Develop and maintain test automation frameworks
- Work closely with all members of the development group and evangelise quality
- Create test harnesses and scripts
- Isolate, reproduce and report defects
- Verify defect fixes during the Xceptor application development lifecycle
- Monitor and report on the quality of Xceptor builds during build, continuous integration and deployment
- Significant relevant experience gained within a Software Quality Control, Quality Assurance, or Automation Testing role
- Strong demonstrable skills using the Selenium Framework to implement web application user interface automated tests and frameworks
- SpecFlow experience advantageous
- Ability to develop high-quality test code
- Experience using Visual Studio, C#, .NET
- Experience using Azure DevOps
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong IT aptitude
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience
In return, we will offer exposure to global, blue-chip clients and an unparalleled experience of best practice. This is a fast-paced, dynamic, and highly collaborative environment where there are significant opportunities for growth and development.
Xceptor is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.