We are currently looking for a talented, and innovative Engineer to join our Design Team in Essex. Reporting to the Senior Engineer, and acting as their deputy when required, the role involves the design and delivery of Highways Improvement Design schemes to programme, quality and budget. Projects will cover a wide range of traffic engineering / highways improvement schemes, adding a great deal of diversity to this exciting opportunity.
The Suitable Candidate will have:
• HNC, or equivalent high-level qualification, or experience in highways.
• Extensive knowledge and application of Highway Legislation including the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions (TSRGD) and Traffic Regulation Orders (TROs).
• Extensive knowledge of design procedures, guidance and standards and good practice documents including the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB) and Traffic Advisory Leaflets (TALs).
• Conversant with Microsoft applications - Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint and use of specialist software such as AUTOCAD and its range of complimentary packages.
• Knowledge and experience of budgetary governance, management and control measures.
• Writes clearly, succinctly and correctly expressing opinions, information and key points of arguments clearly and structured to meet the needs and understanding of the intended audience.
You will be responsible for:
• To design a range of traffic engineering / highways design schemes using existing best practice guidance and within the current legislative framework.
• To assist with the preparation of reports for projects, to Local Highways Panels County and District Council committees and to attend the meeting to provide technical support as appropriate.
• To prepare and assist in the management and monitoring of works programmes or services. To ensure that schemes are delivered on time and within budget.
• To provide timely and accurate advice to County Councillors, District Members, Parish Councils and the general public on all highway-related matters as required.
• To ensure the team's performance in providing speedy and courteous responses to queries and complaints is in accordance with relevant targets and standards.
• To assist with the management and provision of technical support for staff dealing with all aspects of the service