At Hometree, we want to build the best smart home business in the world by redefining how customers interact with their homes.
Homeowners are now putting more and more technology into their homes so that they can make them safer, more comfortable, and better for the environment. The problem for homeowners is that the more cameras, solar panels, energy storage batteries, and other connected devices they put into homes, the more complicated they get. Our mission is to make homes much easier to manage for homeowners through our proven ability to link skilled tradespeople with best in class technology and customer service.
We have started on our journey by offering a suite of insurance and maintenance products to homeowners & landlords. We provide breakdown cover on a range of essential household items such as heating, electrics, and plumbing. We are disrupting a £2bn market which has large incumbents providing a terrible experience. We are growing 30% each month, and we are the best-rated Trustpilot provider of these services in the UK. This is an excellent springboard for the next stage of our journey - to conquer the rest of the home!
We are a five-year-old business backed by some of Europe's leading Venture Capital firms and other very influential angel investors. We have an incredibly diverse, experienced & passionate team with track records in some of Europe's leading tech start-ups, private equity, consulting, investment banking, and much more.The Role
As our UX Designer, you will be working within the Product team to deliver the best user experience for our customers, engineers and internal teams' tools, websites and apps. As a focal point from a UX standpoint, you will always think customer first and will pro-actively search for customer feedback to ensure the product you define has high levels of engagement, retention and conversion. You will report into the Head of Product and work very closely with our development teams to deliver high-quality customer journeys and features for our new apps and website.
As a company, we follow the Lean Start-up approach and as a result, you will be working on delivering MVPs, experimenting, measuring and learning in order to deliver value to our customers on an ongoing basis.Key tasks and responsibilities
Apply if you are:
- Consider existing applications and evaluate their UX (user experience) effectiveness
- Consider the human-computer interaction (HCI) element of a design
- Run user testing of apps, tools and websites
- Define interaction models, user task flows, UI (user interface) specifications, and contribute to hypothesis testing
- Communicate scenarios, end-to-end experiences, interaction models, and screen designs to other people working on the products
- Working with visual designers and our brand manager to incorporate a visual or brand identity into the finished product
- Developing and maintaining design wireframes (basic mock-ups of applications) and specifications
Behaviours we value as a business
- Proven UX experience designing responsive websites and apps (mobile, tablet, desktop), ideally in an agency where you had e-commerce and app experience
- Solid experience in quantitative and qualitative research paired with intellectual curiosity that encourages study design, hypothesis/remote testing tools such as validately, including A/B testing, and iteration
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, interactive prototypes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Proficiency in at least one of the following: Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator or Sketch and other visual design and wire-framing tools of the likes of: InVision, MarvelApp, Balsamiq, etc.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process, dealing with multiple stakeholders, present data driven initiatives & develop solutions, often without a brief.
- Ability to work with other team members to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet their needs
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design
Our Commitment to you
- Radical Candour - Respectful but direct honesty
- Ownership - Own your results without complacency
- Obsessed - Customer obsessed, everything else secondary
- Trust in Teamwork - Doing the right thing, even when no one is watching
- Speed - Fast, data-driven decisions and results
We are working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we know that different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace. And that creates a better experience for our customers. Hometree doesn't discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.
Hometree's a workplace where you can be yourself. Dye your hair purple. Take your laptop to the sofa. Whatever helps you feel comfortable and happy at work. We want to do whatever we can to help you grow in your career (and make enough space for a fulfilling home life too).
We are 10 minutes from Kings Cross and offer flexible working options - We are currently ALL working from home and plan to do this until 01/09/2020 at the earliest before we return to an office-based environment, where we will follow government guidelines on social distancing. This is your opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing European startups' in the home services sector backed by world-leading venture capitalists and angel investors. To set you up for success we will provide you with a MacBook, subscription to all the tools you will need, company Breakfast every Thursday, drinks every Friday at 4.30pm along with quarterly company-wide social events.