Our client, a leading global consulting firm based in London is looking for a Financial Reporting Advisory Manager and Senior Manager, with banking entity experience, to work within its Technical Accounting Group.
The individual will be required to answer financial reporting queries and deliver financial reporting training o on banking-related topics and also to conduct technical reviews of the annual reports of banking clients. The individual will be expected to build close working relationships with the audit teams focussing on those banking clients. The individual will also be expected to deal with queries arising on other non-banking topic areas and perform accounts reviews of non-banking clients.
Our client's Technical Group provides technical support, training and quality control services on financial reporting and assurance matters. Predominantly internally focussed, the department's principal client is the firm's audit stream but it also interacts with tax, corporate finance and forensic services teams. The team is close to 70 staff.
• Review the annual reports of publicly traded and other higher risk clients, particularly from (but not limited to) the financial services sector (Banking), to confirm compliance with financial reporting standards, company legislation and regulatory requirements
• Act as the key liaison between the team and the audit and advisory teams focussing on banking clients
• Provide clear and practical solutions to ad hoc technical accounting queries
• Help develop financial reporting tools and guidance for application by the firm's partners and staff
• Prepare and present financial reporting training, updates and seminars both internally and externally
• Write articles and other materials on financial reporting matters for internal and external communications.
• A good working knowledge of IFRSs, UK GAAP (FRSs 101 and 102) and the Companies Act with the ability to apply that knowledge to complex financial reporting issues and provide practical and supportable solutions
• Knowledge and experience of accounting for financial instruments under IFRSs (especially IFRS 9) and FRS 102
• Practical experience of the review of all aspects (ie front and back end) of the annual report of private and publicly traded companies, particularly from the financial services (Banking) sector
• Good interpersonal skills, with ability to create productive relationships across the firm and network and to influence other senior professionals
• Willingness to work as part of a close-knit team and as a self-directed individual
• Highly motivated with a desire to seek new ways of improving our service to internal customers
• ACA or similar professional accountancy qualification