Established in 2011, Greensill is a highly successful, independent financial services firm, with offices based worldwide in London, Frankfurt, Sydney, Singapore, Johannesburg, Chicago, Miami and New York. Specialising in Trade and Supply Chain Finance, the firm provides innovative and alternative working capital finance solutions for corporations globally.
To work on a range of projects supporting the data driven principles of Greensill. Design and build solutions that will consolidate and integrate data from both internal and external sources into a cloud-based enterprise data lake. Provision this data to consumers such as BI, data science, etc.
- Quickly identify and understand user requirements and translate them into deliverables.
- To design, build and maintain batch and streaming data pipelines into the data lake as well as provisioning data to support consumers.
- Structure data in the appropriate manner for efficient storage and accessibility for APIs, reporting, analytics, machine learning and data exploration.
- Performance tuning and optimisation.
- Promote effective and efficient use of data within the organisation.
Skills and Abilities:
- Kafka/Spark for building data pipelines
- File storage using S3 (Parquet, JSON, etc.)
- Apache Airflow
- Logging and audit - e.g. CloudWatch
- Implementing single sign-on and security models - e.g. AWS IAM, Active Directory, etc.
- Structured relational data in 3NF, fact/dimensional models and unstructured data in NoSQL databases
- CI/CD tools; Terraform, Jenkins, Docker and Kubernetes
- ETL/ELT design & development
- AWS Athena
- AWS Glue
- API design and build
- Data manipulation/analysis using SQL
- Analysis techniques to identify potential process improvements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skillso Acts with honesty and integrity
- o Curious and resourceful - seeks out difficult questions and finds solutions
- o Resilient, able to learn from mistakes and move forward
- o Flexible, adaptable and able to deal with ambiguity
- o Collaborative, thrives when working towards shared goals
- Additional programming skills e.g. SOAP, Java
- Jupyter notebooks
- API access to 3rd party data services e.g. Dun & Bradstreet, Thompson Reuters, SAS, Encompass, etc.
- Report & dashboard design and development using enterprise BI tools - e.g. Tableau, SAP BI, or similar
- Enterprise ETL tools - e.g. Talend, Informatica, or similar
- Familiar with MDM and related tools - e.g. Tibco EBX or similar
- Familiar with Metadata Management and related tools - e.g. Alation or similar
- Familiar with any Data Quality tools
- Previous experience working in a complex and demanding Financial Services environment
We're not afraid to fail, pivot and adapt when it comes to our products and believe that our people should be given the same opportunities to pave their own path. Our dynamic structure and agile organization means everyone, in every team can make an impact and find purpose and pride in their work.
We love trying new things, and most days you'll find us 'innovating on the fly', pushing the limits of what's possible to create new solutions to seemingly impossible challenges. We're data-driven and tech-focused, but still centred around our customers. As active problem-solvers, we also firmly believe that just because that's the way it's always been, doesn't mean that's the way it should be.
We're a tight-knit bunch, who are proud of our heritage, and like nothing better than welcoming new people to the team. In fact, working as a team is at the heart of everything we do - from our diverse and inclusive global family to a truly accessible, flat structure than encourages transparency and participation in all aspects of the company.