Job title: Solution Architect
Are you a Solutions Architect looking for a new challenge? Or do you simply want a role that will allow you to work on complex large scale systems?
We are looking to hire additional Solution Architects to join the team in Gloucester to lead the Architecutre for mission critical Software Solutions collaborating across Agile software development teams. Key Responsibilities:
Candidate RequirementsEssential Skills
- Discover, Define and evolve strategic architectures for complex software based systems applicable at an enterprise or organisational level.
- Own the architectural roadmap for your domain, considering the horizons required to support your Product Manager
- Partner with senior stakeholders to ensure architecture designs fulfil functional and non-functional requirements and align with broader architectural goals
- Act as an Architectural Design Authority for the domain and able to communicate risks and impacts of design changes to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Key contributor & independent reviewer at enterprise level architecture reviews
- Act as technical focal point for your domain
- Personal development of key technical team leaders through coaching and mentoring
- Act as an authority on tool, process and environment selection
- Keep abreast of relevant technology changes and incorporate into architecture roadmaps as applicable
- Bring technical context of the wider business to your domain
- Promote and share technical decisions and choices made in your domain with the wider business
- Set the architectural guard rails for your domain
The suitable candidate must have demonstrable experience as a software / solution architect or technical lead on projects of significant size and complexity. They will have extensive skills in the following areas:
- Designing software for critical applications. Particularly designing for high availability, scale and resilience.
- Using software design paradigms, specifically Micro Services, Distributed Systems, Hexagonal Architecture and Big Data Platforms.
- Articulating complex designs to both technical and business stakeholders.
- Translating business outcomes into technical approaches.
- Influencing business and technical stakeholders to convey approaches and suggest ideas.
- Building productive working relationships with technical stakeholders
- Creating high-level architectural roadmaps
- Translating theoretical concepts into real world designs
- Practicing high quality engineering practices such as TDD, Pair programming, strong encapsulation, DevOps techniques and SOLID principles.
- Experience working with cloud technologies and distributed systems
- Experience Working with Agile teams using SCRUM or Kanban
- Experience building enterprise level applications or services
- Experience with high performance distributed systems
- Experience Working within a SAFe delivery construct
- Experience of Data Analytics and Visualization
- Experience of Big Data Technologies
- Experience in secure development techniques
In return you will be rewarded with a career working in Cyber Security and a generous benefits package including:
Get in touch for more information! Security
- Generous pension contribution up to 10.5%
- Annual bonuses and DV bonuses
- 25 days holiday
- Plus much more...
All applicants must be willing to undergo clearance up to DV Level.