About Point of Rental...
At Point of Rental, we value thinkers and tinkerers, helpers and sellers, and people who just plain make it fun to come in to work each day. We're an international company, with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Australia, but we're run like a family business - the meetings are few, and the bonding opportunities are genuine. And though we're in an industry based on the concept of taking items only as long as you need them before returning them, we're fiercely committed to our people. We work with every member of our staff to help them become the developer/salesperson/trainer/wizard they always wanted to be. Bring us your best. We'll make your best better.
About the role ...
The 1st Line Support Technician provides application/business support to our customers. When the 1st Line Support Technician becomes an expert in the intricacies of our software and the hire/rental industry, there will be a potential progression opportunity to evolve into a 2nd Line Support Technician. The ideal candidate will have had prior business/application support experience supporting external customers and preferably exposure to some of the technologies involved with the software (listed in key skills) with an emphasis on SQL server/database admin, server and client O/S, basic network troubleshooting and IIS. Currently, fluency in German is highly valued.
· Providing telephone and email support to external customers and colleagues providing an excellent level of service
· Logging, prioritising and acting on calls via the Point of Rental Software CRM system (Salesforce)
· Ensuring that the Point of Rental Software CRM (Salesforce) system is updated in a timely manner so that the status of logged calls can be monitored, and problem reporting can be done effectively. This includes recording time taken to complete calls and the details of actions performed to troubleshoot/resolve support calls
· Ensuring that all daily tasks are carried out according to the agree procedures and within SLA's
· Identifying trends and critical issues and escalating them to other team members or management, as required
· To be proactive in identifying areas for improvement and bringing these ideas to the attention of the relevant people and to assist in the development of the Service Desk procedures and knowledge base
· Documenting software features and business processes for use as knowledge base articles or customer fact sheets
· Treating all customers and colleagues with respect and demonstrating a commitment to the Point of Rental Software's Equal Opportunities Policy
· Participating in testing of new releases of Syrinx products
· Languages: English (German fluency would be excellent!)
· Experience in a 1st Line Support or Server Support role
· Fast learner
· Knowledge of SQL Server, Server 2003 and 2008 and Terminal Services (RDP) as well as PC/client Operating Systems is all an advantage
· Windows server shares and permissions
· A successful track record in application support
· Windows networking troubleshooting including Firewalls, DNS, DHCP & TCP/IP
· A strong knowledge of Microsoft environments and have proficient problem-solving skills
· Good customer service skills and confidence on the phone
· Enthusiasm for technical challenges
· A strong desire to learn and explore new areas of technology
· Patient mind for troubleshooting under pressure
· Excellent communication and customer service skills are essential
· Excellent attention to detail
· Able to follow processes
· Willingness to learn and develop skills
· Crystal Reports
· SQL Server and a basic understanding of TSQL queries
· Accounting Systems including, but not limited to, Sage Line 50, Sage 200, QuickBooks, Salesforce, Pegasus Opera, Exchequer and Access Dimensions
· Experience with mobile data devices
· Hire industry terminology and business concepts
· General business processes (accounting, purchasing, sales etc)
Job Type: Full-Time, Salary.
POR is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, citizenship, military service, veteran status, disability, genetic information, age, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. POR is committed to providing equal opportunity for all and reasonable arrangements for individuals with disabilities in employment. To request any special arrangements, please contact Human Resources.