Are you working within an accountancy practice, and feel as if your progression is stunted or that you've gotten the most out of your current role as you can? Do you feel undervalued? Do you give far more than you're given in return?
It doesn't have to be this way. Perhaps it's time to consider your other options.
We have partnered with a medium accountancy practice, based on the outskirts of Cambridge, who are facing incredible growth. As such, they are hoping to welcome a new Accounts Manager on board.
This four-partner firm boast of an incredibly diverse team and a varied client base.
Work/life balance is a real priority for them; every member of the team benefit from 'Half-Day Fridays'
in a bid to put their employee's personal needs first.
There is a huge selection of shops, restaurants and local amenities within a two minute walking distance of the office - something the team frequently take advantage of!
This is quite a hands-on role, and the successful applicant will need to be up to date with all of their tax knowledge.
The role would suit someone who is currently working within practice, possibly at the Supervisor level who is ready to take the next step up. Duties:
- Oversee and manage clients' accounts, tax and value-added services assignments, to include monitoring progress against budget and established timeframe, review of work completed by junior team members and resolving all issues prior to Partner review;
- Assist in the management of the overall team on a day to day basis;
- Manage a portfolio of clients including client take-on procedures to include the preparation of accounts and tax returns for companies, sole traders, partnerships and individuals;
- Act as a major point of contact within the firm for client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided and maintaining regular contact with clients;
- Provision of general tax advice to clients;
- You will be expected to be able to write professional letters, reports and other written submissions for review by partners for use with clients and other relevant third parties;
- Develop, retain and motivate junior members of staff (includes ensuring job appraisal documentation is completed within deadlines and ensuring appropriate objectives and development plans are in place for appraisees)
- Work as part of the management team on issues such as resources planning, staff retention, improving our tools and processes and efficiency gains
- Keep up to date with all technical developments to ensure continued excellent services with the client
This role would suit someone who is ACA/ACCA qualified who has exposure to three or more years working within an accountancy practice.