Huawei is looking at for interns with experience and knowledge in computer architecture research. We wish to recruit students who are passionate on the computer architecture and CPU design, with experiences on modelling.Job Purpose:
This is a research-oriented internship focusing on various aspects of CPU architecture and micro-Architecture. Responsibilities will include but not limited to the list of items below.Key Responsibilities:
- Analysis of the state-of-the-art methods for memory virtualization and cache access to improve performance and power consumption.
- Identifying the performance bottlenecks of existing methods and proposing improvements or new methodologies.
- Developing high-level simulations of novel micro-architectural virtual memory schemes for further performance improvement.
- Running simulation-based experiments to examine and evaluate new ideas.
- Gathering, analysing and presenting experimental results.
- Contributing to scientific literature under the guidance of the permanent Huawei staff.
Right to Work in the UK requirement
- You are currently enrolled in a Master's degree or PhD in computer science, software engineering, robotics or any related fields at a reputable university.
- Strong mathematical/algorithmic problem-solving and software development skills (C/C++, Python, etc.).
- Understanding of the fundamentals of general purpose CPU micro-architecture, such as pipelining, out-of-order execution, and caches.
- Understanding of CPU instruction set architecture and assembly language.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of general purpose Memory Subsystem and Operating System for Virtual Memory Systems
- Exposure to performance simulators (e.g. gem5) and benchmark/workload analysis and characterization
- Proactivity and willingness to learn and explore new ideas.
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English.
All application should have the Right to Work in the UK without requirement for work sponsorship.Privacy Notice - Through applying for this position you agree to our privacy notice. For further details please follow the link below; https://www.huawei.com/en/privacy-policy