My client, a multinational software vendor is seeking a Senior UX Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis. This is a remote role with quarterly travel, predominantly between the UAE and London. We will require somebody comfortable working with stakeholders between GMT & GMT+4 in terms of time zones. As such ideally, we are looking for applicants in Europe.
The successful applicant will be fast-tracked for promotion. We'd ideally like this person to be somebody that can be developed into a Director or C-Level position within the group.The Role:
Required skills and experience:
- Working mainly at the UI layer, but approaching the problem from a UX perspective.
- Thinking about UX first and foremost - design in low-med fidelity first.
- Work very closely with other UX disciplines (Product research, product design, SMEs).
- Focus on reusability, inclusiveness, accessibility, performance and high-quality interactions (i.e. different browsers, devices, different interfaces like touch, click, voice).
- Create inclusive designs, prototypes, and validate user interface uncertainties.
- Help identify technical constraints and new APIs.
- Develop and own the user interface building blocks and work with engineering to hydrate the user interfaces.
- Excellent English language skills are a must.
- Expertise in building user interfaces that are interactive, inclusive, performant, and reusable.
- Application of modern CSS language features, including Flexbox, CSS Grid, feature queries across systems with scalability in mind.
- An understanding of HTML semantics.
- Expertise in building modular, reusable, flexible components and accessible interfaces. Ideally with Angular.
- Working in a cross-discipline environment with Designers, Researchers and Developers to prototype early concepts to vet ideas.
- Awareness of web accessibility and empathy for building products for people with different abilities and needs.
- Knowledge of Figma or similar and can use it before getting hands dirty with code.
- A relevant Undergraduate Degree is a must, Masters is preferred.