SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER - Derby / Midlands
This is an exciting opportunity for a C# Senior Software Developer to work on a very decoupled, scalable architecture of Web API's and applications that powers the backbone of the security endpoint based platform. There is a never a dull day and candidates will find themselves context switching on a number of different applications and projects to meet the ever evolving business needs.
As well as C#, you will get to work with and learn exciting cloud based technologies using Amazon Web Services, NoSQL databases for 'Big Data' and Docker containers for deployment to name a few. We always like to look at what is on the horizon with new technologies and what could be a good fit, so there is always something new to learn.
YOU ARE GREAT AT:
- Designing, building, and maintaining efficient, reusable, and reliable C# code
- Ensuring the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- You will work side by side with our QA and Dev Ops teams
- Having a test first mindset on code testing through unit tests
- Helping to maintain code quality, organisation, and automation
- Mentoring of other developers
- Proactively investigating and recommending improvements to the Development Lifecycle
WHAT IT TAKES:
- Strong in C#, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems including RESTful Web API's and MVC
- Familiarity with the .NET framework (4.5 to 4.8, including .Net Core (up to version 3.1 desirable))
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming, including SOLID principles
- Experienced using TDD
- Familiar with Agile methodologies, such as SCRUM and Kanban
- Up to date knowledge of OWASP web security risks such as CSRF and XSS
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Proficient understanding of code source control versioning tools
- Ideally some experience using cloud-based technologies, e.g. AWS
- Experience with NoSQL databases (desirable)
- Worked with very high load API's and applications (desirable)
Although the team is remote, we are seeking someone from the Derby / Nottingham / Midlands area to join the team.