The Security Consultant is responsible to the Vice President, Cyber Security Services, for the successful support of QOMPLX Advisory Services customer engagements. As a Security Consultant you will conduct security assessments
of, and provide advice for, customers with complex on premise and cloud-based environments. Assessments include multiple compliance frameworks and information security best practices.
The successful candidate will understand security-related system controls complimented with the ability to effectively assess the effectiveness of those controls. The Security Consultant will typically deliver our Advisory
Services as part of a team supporting the Senior Security Consultant(s). Previous experience in a fast-paced environment supporting multiple client-facing projects along with the ability to meet demanding timelines with
strong written deliverables is a must.
Our ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, fantastic attitude and be comfortable tackling any challenge set
before him or her. We provide significant flexibility and autonomy to team members, have high expectations and
expect everyone to contribute meaningfully to our broader collective goals.
• The role is involved in projects or issues of high complexity that require in-depth knowledge across multiple technical operations areas and business segments
• Delivers a leadership role in providing network and system security advice and risk analysis to business units
• Working collaboratively across teams to ensure consistent, performant, appropriate and secure cyber controls.
• Participates as needed in all phases of cyber security program development with emphasis on the planning, analysis, testing, integration, documentation, and presentation phases.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in in customer facing information security consulting role
• Previous experience with administration of Windows, Linux, or Networking systems
• Understanding of Cloud based services
• Knowledge of IT Security principles, techniques, and technologies
• Knowledge and understanding of network protocols, network devices, multiple operating systems, and secure architectures.
• Experience with current cyber threats and the associated tactics, techniques and procedures used to
exploit computer networks.
• Knowledge of performing risk, business impact, control and vulnerability assessments.
• Broad knowledge of security best practices, security solutions, and methodologies for conducting security assessments
• Background in Microsoft Windows and Linux/Unix
• Knowledge of Networking protocols and technologies, e.g. TCP/IP, Firewalls, Routers, etc.
• Working understanding of frameworks such as ISO 17799/27001/27002, and other relevant compliance such PCI, HIPPA, SOX, NERC, FISMA, FFIEC and GLBA and others
• IT Security Certifications like PCI-QSA, ISO Auditor/CISSP, CISM, CISA, CEH, GCIH, GCIA, OSCP, etc.
• Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
• Effective organizational skills with strong attention to detail
• Collaborative in nature
Compensation & Benefits
· Competitive salary
· Full range of benefits, including 401(k) and medical, dental & vision coverage
· Flexible "Personal Time Off (PTO)" plan
We integrate, contextualize, and analyze data from virtually any source to help you identify operational risk and inefficiencies throughout the enterprise. We also provide transformative tools to mitigate these challenges.
Because the same core, data-driven capabilities translate seamlessly to virtually any business domain, we are actively exploring other fields - directly and with partners - where the power of QOMPLX:OS can bring true value.
The initial applications of QOMPLX:OS have been focused strategically on Cyber, Insurance, and Finance because those are inherently fundamental to the transfer of risk in today's global economy.
We pride ourselves on integrity, humility, resourcefulness, collaboration and our ability to tackle the world's most demanding problems and are looking for exceptional talent to help us grow.
If this type of environment sounds exciting, we would encourage you to look in detail at the job summary. If there is a strong fit, please reach out to us directly via application at www.QOMPLX.com/careers.