Brighton, UKREPORTS TO:
PermWhat We Need
Hangar 13 is in search of a highly skilled and experienced AI Designer to help us shape one of our future AAA projectsWhat You Will Do
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit
- Design and write specifications, prototype new gameplay systems (abilities, AI, mobility, etc) and other related systems
- Collaborate with other designers, programmers, and artist to bring designs to life on screen
- Write behavior scripts for various combatants and NPCs
- Tune and balance AI data to provide an enjoyable player experience
- Create and maintain AI design documentation
- Analyze, validate, and incorporate feedback from the team and external user testing
Who We Are
- 1+ years of experience in internal game development, with emphasis on Gameplay and AI Design
- Experience with AAA titles (Open World and multiplayer game experience preferred)
- Visual Scripting experience (working knowledge of LUA is a plus)
- Innovative thinker with creative problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate and collaborate across multiple locations effectively
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of development processes, workflows, and tools
- Experience and deep working knowledge of AI or gameplay systems
- Ability to work in highly collaborative, interdisciplinary, iterative environment, while delivering under deadlines and time constraints
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia III. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together - the belief that "Every Player's Story is Unique."
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic).
We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console in a diverse and inclusive environment!Brighton
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK's most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months.
Onsite amenities inside our state-of-the-art Brighton studio include a fully equipped kitchen, games room, gym (with showers) and our very own bar. We're a 30 second walk from Brighton station.