Position: Ultra Low Latency Network EngineerBusiness Area: Technology Infrastructure Department Overview
Squarepoint is a global investment management firm that utilizes a diversified portfolio of systematic and quantitative strategies across financial markets that seeks to achieve high quality, uncorrelated returns for our clients. We have deep expertise in trading, technology and operations and attribute our success to rigorous scientific research. As a technology and data-driven firm, we design and build our own cutting-edge systems, from high performance trading platforms to large scale data analysis and compute farms. With main investment offices in New York, London and Singapore, we emphasize true, global collaboration by aligning investment, technology and operations teams functionally around the world. Job Summary:
The role of the Ultra Low Latency Network Engineer is to ensure the stability and integrity of all aspects that comprise the Squarepoint global trading collocation network which includes infrastructure in 22 data center sites across AMER, APAC and EMEA. The Ultra Low Latency Network Engineer will oversee and participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, optimization, and documentation of all network hardware, security hardware, software and connectivity. This includes managing multiple projects and configuring/optimizing the network to ensure ultra low latency is achieved for intraday trading and direct market access systems. This team collaborates and are closely aligned with trading systems developers, enabling the technology team to deliver an optimal trading platform.Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Must have Qualifications:
- Architect, engineer and deploy ultra low latency network infrastructure at Colocation datacenters (DC).
- Provide exchange, broker and managed service providers connectivity to support ultra low latency market data delivery and order execution, within collocations and to the rest of Squarepoint.
- Provision delivery of multicast inter and intra region between colo to colo, colo to DC, or DC to colo.
- Project delivery/management collaborating with stakeholders, intraday desk, internal teams and external vendors. Manage all aspect related to collocation sites: site access, equipment procurement, logistics, contract management, capacity management (power, space, servers, network ports, etc.), performance management, service availability, connectivity, compute and market data delivery.
- Ensure comprehensive operational control and reporting, providing actionable information to optimize the performance of the trading infrastructure. Build/update procedures and documentation.
- Implement and support changes to the global collocation environment in all Squarepoint co-location sites and datacenters. Travel may be required.
- Provide L2/L3 escalation support to remediate performance and availability issues.
- Identify areas for generating efficiencies adopting automation and innovative solutions for improvements.
- Minimum of 3 years of network engineering and project delivery experience
- Extensive knowledge of routing and switching protocols
- Unicast: OSPF, BGP, NAT, IPSEC and GRE
- Multicast: PIM, RP, MSDP, IGMP
- Switching: STP, PC/vPC/MLAG, CDP/LLDP, QoS, HSRP/VRRP, VLAN/VxLAN
- Authoritative level experience and skill with Arista and Cisco network switching, routing hardware and software
- Outstanding knowledge of network monitoring PCAP decoding tools landscape (Corvil, SFlow, timestamping (PTP))
- Knowledge of Algorithmic/DMA/HFT and trading platforms and how the trade lifecycle operates a must
- Solid understanding of market venue, exchange protocols (binary, FIX, ITCH,OUCH, Pillar, etc.) and trading systems across multiple asset classes
- Strong scripting and automation experience (Python preferred)
- Excellent communication skills; ability to perform under pressure, and detail oriented
- CCIE Certified
- Degree in engineering or related discipline