KDC are now recruiting for one of our busiest clients based in Stevenage. If you are an experienced Systems Engineer with a burning passion in the Space industry, then this could be the position you have been waiting for!
Responsible role to adapt an existing satellite digital processor design to support in-orbit reconfiguration. Working closely with a hardware engineer and a test engineer, the post holder will be responsible for ensuring correct function and fitness for purpose for the target application.
The job involves the management and review of specifications including FPGA and Flash component technologies which must be made robust for operation in a space radiation environment. This will involve working with external contractors and stakeholders. The activity will conclude with the successful acceptance testing of the adapted hardware on suitably adapted test facilities.
Key Words: Satelite Digital Systems Engineer, FPGA, Space, Satelites, Radiation, Xilinx
- Fast learner, capable of getting up to speed quickly as part of a small, tightly-knit team
- Experience of requirements management, traceability, and validation, working with external stakeholders
- Detailed understanding of FPGA technologies (Xilinx, Microsemi)
- Knowledge of Flash memory and associated control requirements
- Knowledge of SpaceWire standard and RMAP protocol
- Understanding of radiation, including single event upsets, on digital technologies.