We have an opportunity for a Tutor, English and Maths to join our team based across Shrewsbury and Telford. Working on a full time basis as part of maternity cover in return you will receive a competitive salary of £18,000 - £28,000 per annum + a range of fantastic benefits.
Juniper are an independent established training provider who have been assisting young people to move forward and achieve for 35 years. Delivering Traineeships, Study Programmes and Apprenticeships we help young people across the country to take positive steps forward in their lives.
As our Tutor, English and Maths you will:
- Deliver engaging and effective training sessions to groups
- Compile and assess BTEC (Employability) qualifications (where applicable)
- Deliver English and/or maths qualifications - Functional Skills & GCSEs
- Contribute towards ensuring excellent student attendance & retention
- Safeguard the welfare of all students, preventing radicalisation and promoting British Values
Health and well-being benefits we offer our people:
- JFit - this is a scheme where employees participate in an exercise of their choice for 45 minutes, for 3 times a week, over a year (April to March) and earn extra annual leave for simply taking part.
- Health Shields - Cash back on health needs, such as, dental, physiotherapy, eye tests and prescriptions.
- EAP - Our scheme to help any employees with any personal problems that may impact their health.
- Critical Illness Cover.
- Flexi Holidays - Including an extra day off for your birthday!
- Cycle to work - We offer the opportunity for all staff to participate in the fantastic Cycle to Work scheme.
Key responsibilities as our Tutor, English and Maths will include:
- Deliver engaging, effective and innovative group training sessions to students
- Ensure that students work-skills are developed and that they are ready for working life by the time they leave Juniper
- Engage external speakers (employers, business people, celebrities, progression/support agencies) in order to enhance the learning experience
- Plan and facilitate enterprise projects
- Deliver GCSE/functional skills qualifications
- Deliver training that meets criteria and standards for BTEC (where applicable)
- Arrange and facilitate motivational visits/activities
- Conduct & use initial assessment effectively and set students appropriate, but challenging, targets & goals
- Assess readiness for FS/GCSE exams
- Assess and map units for BTEC portfolio and (where applicable)
- Conduct and document meaningful student reviews as per procedures
- Invigilate exams and mark functional skills exam papers as appropriate Attendance/Retention
- Ensure that student attendance & retention targets are met, with absences robustly followed up Targets
- Achieve targets to meet contractual/blueprint obligations
Skills and abilities, we're looking for in our Tutor, English and Maths:
Level 2 English & Maths (or working at)
- Deliver effective training sessions to groups
- Excellent communicator
- Persuade & influence others and deal with conflict/challenging behaviour
- Build rapport with target group and retain their attention during training sessions
- Work well under pressure
- Work to targets & deadlines
- Highly motivated
- Innovative & solution focused
- Remain positive, with a bubbly, engaging personality
- Excellent organisation skills
- Competent in use of IT
- Meet targets and provide a quality service to all stakeholders
- Experience of delivering training to 16 - 18 year olds
- Level 4 Teaching qual
- Subject Specialism - English and/ or Maths Assessor qual
If you would like to join our team as our new Tutor, English and Maths then please click 'apply' today - don't miss out, we'd love to hear from you!