The B&S Group is a privately-owned pharmaceutical company which manufactures and distributes pharmaceutical and healthcare products to the UK market. Established in 1999 we offer a wide range of products and services which includes specials, generic drugs, branded medicines, parallel trade and over-the-counter (OTC) medicines. Having undergone two acquisitions since 2010, we are continuing to strengthen and grow.
The business has a turnover of over £250 million and is on a trajectory to drive growth in revenue and profitability. This newly-created role will involve a variety of planning and analysis tools and disciplines to guide decision-making in a fast-pace and evolving business environment. It requires the candidate to embrace a strategic, customer-focused, growth mindset, challenging the status quo and driving improvements in existing practices to enable greater efficiency and enhanced business insight.
· Regular review of supplier performance and strategy
· Benchmark suppliers and products in terms of price and quality
· Report on current buying prices vs market prices and availability
· Work Collaboratively with the CEO to develop account strategy and interact with internal Senior Leadership on progress
· Maintain external awareness of markets, products, processes and competitors
· Evaluating bids and making recommendations based on commercial, technical, supply and quality requirements.
· Forecasting cost trends and their impact on activity. Acting on these trends.
· Engage and utilise key technical experts within the business to ensure product quality, consistency and safety. Working across all areas of the business, including commercial to support growth plans
· Introducing insightful analysis and commentary around performance
· Develop KPI dashboard to assist the Managers to run the division more efficiently
· Improving timeliness and accuracy of cost and profit reporting
· Evaluate the effectiveness of their commercial plans
· Identify customer behaviours
· Work cohesively with various departments across the wider business to purpose and forecast the impact of their commercial strategy
· Provide stakeholders with clear recommendations based on data from various sources (brand, partner, wholesale, retail and strategic insight) to facilitate improved commercial range planning, addressing consumer, category, retailer, distributor, and market needs
· Make recommendations in relation to promotional activity, sales performance, customer proposition, pricing, conversion and traffic performance by conducting in depth analysis
· Work cohesively with various departments across the wider business
· Improve the forecasting of sales and sales KPIs on a monthly basis
· 2 years of Commercial experience is preferred
. A Bachelors or Masters degree in a related subject is essential
· Confident making recommendations based on data
· Advanced Excel and Microsoft Office skills
· Havel good modelling skills
· Strong business acumen and commercial awareness
· Numerical and analytical mindset
· Detail orientated and logical approach
· Strong written and communication skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Approachable and able to build strong working relationships
· Strong planning and organisational skills with excellent time management and the ability to manage conflicting priorities
· Resilience under pressure, adapting quickly to deliver commercial results when confronted with unforeseen demands
· Acting on your own initiative and the ability to influence senior management team and key stakeholders the value and logic of business proposals
· The highest possible professional and ethical standards at all times
If you have these skills and believe you would be a good fit for this role, don't miss out on this wonderful opportunity and apply now!