THG is an international technology company and leading online retailer, home to premium brands such as lookfantastic, Myprotein, and ESPA; all of which are powered by our industry-leading and award-winning technology platform, THG Ingenuity. Tech at THG
Technology is the driving force behind THG, and it starts with our people. We are ambitious with our goals and challenge conventional thinking. THG Technology is different because we support every single person to make massive impact and drive their own work. Our people are always learning, and we work every day to ensure our technology, from our software platforms, to our hosting services, to our M.L capability and beyond, is world class. This enables us to keep powering THG and our partners on a global scale. What will I be doing?
As Head of Information Security Operations, you will be leading the iSOC and Security Engineering teams. The primary focus will be to grow the team to support the companies ambitions and further mature the security coverage and tooling.
You will be working alongside the other branches of the wider information security teams and reporting directly to CISO.
What skills and experience would I need?
- Manage iSOC and Security engineering teams
- Grow the SOC team within THG to become a 24/7 operation across multiple locations
- Continuous improvement of THG's security ability/tooling group wide
- Contribute on maintaining and improving THG's compliance level
- Work with staff across the business to review current security measures are maintained and fit for purpose and adding new security controls where needed
- Working alongside project delivery teams to ensure that all plans include adequate security controls, documenting any gaps with the corporate policy and standards and ensuring appropriate mitigation plans are agreed and adhered to
- Continually work with the company's security risk assessment programme to improve and develop the process in identifying what risks there are; either with internal systems or with 3rd parties who store or access data belonging to THG
- Your role within THG may at times require you to access to sensitive data, including financial or personal data. Your offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory criminal record check
What other skills and experiences would be desirable?
- You will be self-motivated, logical thinker and a problem solver who is flexible and adaptive to a very busy work environment
- Experienced in managing a global iSOC team
- Management experience, working with all levels of staff (Apprentices through to seniors)
- You'll need to be organised, have an inquisitive nature but with a positive attitude and be eager to learn. Excellent ability to communicate to all levels of the business, whether written or verbal, on a regular basis is essential
What's in it for me?
- Experience in delivering managed services
- Experience in working in a Technology department however this is not essential
- A 2:1 degree or equivalent
- Exposure to the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard
- Knowledge of the data protection legislation
- A good knowledge and hands on experience in Windows and Microsoft Office
- Any knowledge of networking technologies would be a great addition
- Competitive salary
- Build solutions using the latest technology
- Work alongside genuine industry experts
- Continuous development through THG Academy, our in-house L&D team
- Staff discounts on THG brands and Hale Country Club
- On-site doctor, physio and barber