As an SQL Database Administrator, you will work with this high performing team in a Technology Product Business
contributing to the delivery of Enterprise level SaaS / on premise for Web Applications for their product suite spanning varied sectors.
That variety and size leading to an economically resilient environment in these unprecedented times.What's in it for you:
- You will work on world leading enterprise level database centric project work based out of Dundee, working on a modern tech stack, using modern best practice
- You will be supported in your continuous technical growth and offered chances to / supported in upskilling
- You will have a progression route (you can choose management and / or technical leadership, in your control)
You will work closely with the developers and contribute to the design, quality and efficiency in the product development You:
- Are an SQL DBA whose worked closely with Developers, used development management tools and source control tools
- Extensive experience with MS SQL Server, using and administrating:
- Optimising performance ( database design, index tuning, query execution plans )
- Developing database objects ( views, stored procedures, functions )
- Data Architectures, Clustering, High Availability, Load Balancing
- Advantageous to have experience of an automated CI / CD development environment (advantage to have been involved in test automation as part of the CI/CD build pipeline)?
- Advantageous to have experience of implementation/delivery of non-functional requirements such as perfromance testing, scalability testing, DR testing
Nice To Have:
- Are a problem solver with a love of Database Centric problems
- Experience or knowledge of Business Intelligence Tools and / or Cloud and / or big data
- Experience or knowledge of administrating Oracle and PL/SQL
This is chance to work for a leader in their field in a well-rounded SQL DBA role where you will work on interesting and complex database centric problems.
This role is offering you a progression route and an environment that will support you in achieving your own goals.