Are you a Financial Crime professional with experience gained in an anti-money laundering or client due diligence team? If so, then we want to hear from you!
Our client a leading financial services firm based in Glasgow is looking an Operations Assistant to join the team and assist with an ongoing remediation project to ensure client accounts meet the current AML standards.
This is an initial fixed term contract until the end of February 2021.Essential Skills/Experience:
- Must be able to work in an environment managing a high volume of requests, understanding how best to prioritise one's workload, keeping track of all outstanding cases.
- Persuading and influencing - when advising the Business on the AML requirements of a case, getting the staff to "buy in" to the issue and its resolution.
- Able to analyse multiple document types and identify key pieces of information.
- Working closely with the Business and Financial Crime Team, excellent communication skills both oral and written are required. Able to engage with various levels of stakeholders.
- Good judgement to know when a matter may need escalating to the Project Manager and need to exercise judgement in line with guidance for the resolution of cases.
- Diploma in AML or Financial Crime would be an advantage
- Experience gained in an Anti-money laundering or client due diligence team
- Knowledge and experience of dealing with KYC/AML for wide range of client types, including private individuals, corporates, partnerships, trusts etc.
- Knowledge and experience of complex AML scenarios, including AML requirements for clients based in higher risk territories
Job reference: 12843
- Review and complete cases to a good standard in line with the agreed project methodology
- Take ownership of a case through to completion
- Liaise with and provide advice to the business to obtain missing information enabling completion of cases
- Identifying high risk factors in cases and assist in determining the appropriate risk rating and level of source of wealth/fund information needed for a case
- Refer cases to the Financial Crime team in line with the project methodology
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we're committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure. We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you're happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we're advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you're agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users. For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website http://www.core-asset.co.uk/about-core-asset/privacy-statement
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.