Role Title: Site Reliability EngineerReports to: Head of Infrastructure and TechnologyLocation: Paddington, LondonRole Type: Permanent, Full-time
Let's step back a second - how do we say our name? Well, it sounds like 'view'. It's also a lot shorter than saying 'Viewed Impressions for Out of Home'. We're making it easy to sell and buy digital out of home (OOH) inventory. Our premium marketplace is connecting buyers and sellers, across the globe, simply.
We are working to transform the industry and we believe it's important to connect OOH and digital advertising to deliver brand experiences and more meaningful outcomes for agencies and advertisers.
Join us as we build out the leading, global out of home (OOH) marketplace. Simply put, it's our mission to make it easy to buy and sell OOH inventory.Role OverVIOOH
Working as part of VIOOH's SRE team, the DevOps Engineer will help support and build VIOOH's strategic platform. The SRE team has developed an environment based around AWS, Kubernetes and templated deployments and is actively working to evolve this into an automated, self-healing system that can match the pace of VIOOH's growth.
The SRE team supports the application development and product teams in bringing solutions to production. In addition, the SRE team works as a third-line of support to applications and 24x7 operations teams to resolve issues in a fast but resilient manner. What we'll expect from you
What we want from you
- Work side by side with other engineers to shape VIOOH's infrastructure and development strategy
- Provide best practice knowledge and support across infrastructure-specific elements of VIOOH's stack, including AWS, Linux system administration, Kubernetes and Terraform.
- Generate efficient, quality deliverables, with clear supporting documentation to enable the 24x7 operations and application teams to provide first and second-line support
- Work closely with our off-shore, 24x7 support team to hand-over deployed service for them to run as first- and second-line of support
- Perform root-cause analysis to resolve complex technical issues that first- second-line support are not able to resolve, generating short-term/long-term fixes as required
- Identify areas for continuous improvement, through automation, documentation, process change, or working methods, in addition to business-generated requirements
- Participate in Peer Reviews of other team members and developers
- In depth experience working with AWS.
- Strong Linux knowledge (processes, network, storage)
- Proven experience with kubernetes and docker
- Experience defining and implementing CI/CD process
- Knowledge of Python and ideally Go
Nice to have
- Kubernetes, KOPS
- Terraform, Helm
- Prometheus, EFK (Elasticsearch, Fluentd, Kibana)
VIOOH is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.