Head of Operational Risk - Retail Banking
An exceptional opportunity to join a Retail Bank based in the heart of London. The client have been performing excellently in the recent climate, and this role is going to play an integral part of the growth of the business.
You will be an experienced Head of Operational risk professional who is looking for their next challenge. Previous experience of leading teams will also be important as the role currently has a team of 2 managers, and will continue to grow in the future.
You will have Comprehensive knowledge of retail banking products to incude savings, mortgages, and current accounts.Your key responsibilities will include, but wont be limited to:
Key Requirements for the successful individual
- Recruit, lead, manage, develop and motivate the 2nd line Operational Risk
- Develop and implement Operational Risk strategy and programme of risk improvement for the Bank with appropriate buy-in from key stakeholders aligned within the EWRM Framework.
- Develop, implement and maintain a robust risk management framework and strategy for Operational Risk
- Develop and implement comprehensive end to end Operational risk reporting and appetite measures and management information aligned to the Bank's strategy and business plan.
- Develop and embed key operational risk management frameworks such Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) framework, Issue Management, internal and external Loss management, reporting and escalation
- Develop, implement and embed Operational Risk Policy and procedures for the identification, classification, mitigation and measurement of risk • Support the implementation of the Three Line of Defence Model and risk aware culture
- Develop and implement a programme of Operational risk management training and awareness to ensure a robust risk culture throughout the Bank
- Act as Deputy Chair to the Conduct Compliance and Operational Risk Committee (CORC)
- Provide 2LOD oversight of the operational risk universe in the Bank
- Partner the Business Unit to implement good operational risk practices including ensuring maintenance of Risk register and review and improvement of the controls.
- Support and assist Executive management with the identification of new emerging risks relating to regulatory, legislative and other market changes
- Lead the Operational Risk element of the ICAAP and RRP including scenarios development, analysis and final output.
- To abide by all financial crime related policies, procedures and reporting obligations applicable to their job
- The successful candidate will ideally be an experienced Head of Operational Risk with significant retail banking experience.
- You will have a proven track record in identifying key strategic risk issues and implementing successful value adding initiatives. Exposure to consumer finance, SME lending and retail deposit taking will be advantageous
- The ability to successfully engage with and challenge stakeholders at a senior level, as well as experience in motivating and developing teams is essential
- In particular the jobholder will be a recognised leader and have: Exposure to the regulatory framework required to manage lending and deposit taking activities in the UK financial services market
I would love to discuss this role in more depth, so please forward your cv for consideration. Because of the nature of these requirements, I will prioritise people from a retail banking background as this is a pre-requisite of the role.
Please contact Richard Williams on 0203 8179757 or email@example.com