Senior SOC Analyst
Location - Portsmouth
Salary - £55-65,000 + On-Call + Bonus + Benefits
Currently working with a Global Defence firm who are looking for a Senior SOC Analyst to work within their internal SOC capability. This is a well-established team of cyber defence experts, who are responding to, investigating and proactively hunting for the most sophisticated threats.
This is an incredible opportunity for an experienced SOC Specialist to join one of the most advanced internal SOC capabilities and get exposure to an enormous volume of nation state sponsored attacks on a daily basis, whilst receiving a generous remuneration package and significant budget for training. On top of that, you will also be given freedom and dedicated time to research into various threats and cyber security topics you find interesting! Key Responsibilities:
- Act as a lead and technical escalation point for all cyber security investigations.
- Utilise internal and external resources to research threats, vulnerabilities and threat intelligence on various adversaries and attack methods.
- Work closely with Security Engineering team to recommend system tuning/configuration improvements.
- Mentor and train junior team members through complex investigations.
- Demonstrated experience working in advanced Cyber Defence function as a lead across Cyber Forensics / Incident Response / Malware Analysis.
- In depth knowledge of:
- Network defence monitoring technologies (IDS/IPS, SIEM, Firewalls, etc)
- Open Source Investigation tooling (WireShark, TCPDump, Netflow, etc)
- Sandboxing technologies for static and dynamic malware analysis (Cuckoo, IDA Pro, REMnux, etc)
- Strong knowledge and application of various Cyber Defence methodologies:
- Cyber Kill-Chain, MITRE ATT&CK Framework, NIST, Diamond Model