This role can be based in either our Peterborough or Bristol office with some flexibility of working from home once normality is resumed.
The Security Operations Analyst role will develop IT's monitoring capability and proactive response to security vulnerabilities and threats in our data centres, cloud infrastructure and cloud services. The role is new to Zellis and has great opportunities for growth; both within the field of IT Security and within our team and business.
You will be excited and passionate about the tools and techniques that protect and detect IT Infrastructure. You will work closely with the CISO team to enable their policies across our IT estate. We are looking for someone with ingenuity and creativity, and a dedication to creating automated, intelligent processes.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- You will have proven experience of working within a Security Operations Centre (SOC)
- A minimum of 2 years + hands on Information Security experience
- Knowledge of several (not necessarily all) of the following areas: SIEM, Behavioural Analytics, ML/AI, SOAR tooling, vulnerability management, threat intelligence feeds and process, security incident response processes and activities, firewalls/email/proxy/ERP, Office 365, AWS, Azure, Oracle Cloud
- The ideal candidate will have experience of working within a complex, infrastructure-heavy organisation. Exposure to an environment involving multiple partners and multiple streams of project improvement activity would be welcomed.
- It would be desirable, but not essential, for you to have, or to be working towards, CISSP or GCIA/GCIH certification
- Increase effectiveness of the SOC through:
- Proactive Threat Hunting.
- Process (playbook) delivery & enhancement.
- Tooling enhancements
Good working knowledge of
- Production of MI & regular reporting
- Experience of the following Security Solutions:
- Vulnerability Assessment.
- Endpoint Detection & response
- Email Security
- AV / Anti Malware
- Cloud Security (Azure desirable)
- Hybrid Security
- Networking technologies including TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP & SMTP.
- Windows/Linux Operating systems
- Server Virtualisation