Scopely is seeking a Product Manager who will be teaming with the Games Product Leaders to deliver the game's Product Vision & Strategy and to maximise and optimise KPI's, to boost performance and continuously grow the game.Role Overview
Your primary objective will be helping maximize the performance of the game by:
What you will do:
- Supporting the creation, configuration, and optimization of in-game events, contests, new content, and sales to achieve our monthly goals;
- Structuring and leading quantitative analyses on priority topics impacting the games' performance (e.g., retention, engagement, monetization);
- Collaborating with other areas of the business as needed, including the roadmap & design team, developers, customer relations, quality assurance, art, and analytics to achieve our goals (e.g., feature design, tuning, maintenance).
- Proactively identify improvements in the product and transform them into actionable recommendations for the team
What you will need:
- Working closely with the Product Performance lead, the GM, the Live Ops team, the analytics team, and other parts of the Team to identify, prioritize, and conduct key analyses to assess the health of the game economy. As part of this work, you will develop clear, actionable, and data-driven recommendations to the Product Team to drive decisions about the game's features and economy (e.g., sinking/ sourcing analysis of the game economy; AB Test of a new feature).
- Maintaining a pulse check on the game's health by mastering the game's Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). This includes working with product managers and analysts on: regularly monitoring the game's KPIs to identify early signals of relevant performance trends; reporting to the team on the performance of the promotions/ events (and their impact on KPIs/game health); helping define which KPIs to focus on to track the performance of new features over time (both at launch and over time); partnering with the analytics team to define and set up new dashboards and reporting tools to monitor the evolution of the game's features.
- Helping the Product Performance lead and the Live Ops team to develop a comprehensive in-game calendar (e.g., events, offers) that provides players a fresh and engaging experience every day. This involves analyzing players' data to understand how players engage with the game's features to help guide the Live Ops team towards the highest value activities.
- Helping the Product Performance lead and the Live Ops team to configure, test, maintain, and evolve the game features as needed. This involves: conducting the day-to-day work to ensure that the feature is set up correctly (e.g., events, sales); analyzing the feature performance over time to ensure that engagement and monetization remain strong; making recommendations on different tunings/ configuration of the feature, based on data insights and intuition of what feels fun for players; thinking strategically how the feature should evolve over time (e.g., adding/ changing/ improving some of its components) to remain fresh and fun for our players.
- Working closely with the Product Performance lead, Executive Producer, Product Roadmap lead, GM, and other stakeholders to inform our product strategy aimed at improving core product KPIs as needed.
- Understanding the game holistically and the implications of new features. Staying updated with industry trends and standards
- Bachelors degree in Data Analytics/ Business Analytics, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, or relevant fields. Masters Degree would be a plus but not critical.
- Quantitative and analytical skills. Proficiency in SQL and Tableau critical.
- Prior work experience in data analytics, business intelligence, strategy consulting, finance, or games.
- Ability to work well with and build consensus among a wide range of people, from QA to analytics to the product team.
- Clear verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ownership of the final result are critical even when we are moving fast
- Strong drive to excel and help the game team achieve ambitious goals.
- A deep interest in games, particularly casual mobile games.
- Autonomous and proactive
- Experience with mobile apps and Agile development
Scopely is a leading mobile games company home to many top-grossing, award-winning franchises including Scrabble® GO, MARVEL Strike Force, Star Trek™ Fleet Command, Looney Tunes™ World of Mayhem, WWE Champions, The Walking Dead: Road To Survival™, YAHTZEE® With Buddies and Wheel of Fortune®: Free Play , among others. Scopely creates rewarding, immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer experience. Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform that personalizes gameplay at scale across one of the most diversified portfolios in the west. Recognized in Fast Company's 'World's Most Innovative Companies' and #2 on Deloitte's 'Technology Fast 500' as one of the fastest-growing companies in North America, Scopely has achieved more than $1 billion in lifetime revenue by creating game experiences that are an important part of people's lives. Scopely has global operations in Los Angeles, Barcelona, Boulder, Dublin (DIGIT game studio), London and Tokyo, with additional studios in seven countries across four continents. For more information, visit scopely.com.
Scopely is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, family or parental status, gender identity, veteran, or disability status, or other protected status.
Candidate information will be treated in accordance with our candidate privacy notice which can be found here: https://scopely.com/scopely-candidate-privacy-notice/