A highly successful open research publisher has a super new role for an experienced for a motivated publishing professional to join the team as an experienced Editorial Lead. The successful person should have a background in HSS (Humanities & Social Sciences) publishing. This is a new permanent full-time role which will be based in London but the organisation is offering a level of remote working.
Working with the Editorial and Publishing team, the Editorial Lead will provide expert knowledge and support to existing editorial staff, especially whilst in a transition period to create a separate HSS editorial team.
The role will involve assessing articles and associated research data for appropriateness and editorial quality, overseeing the editorial pre-publication checks, developing and overseeing HSS editorial policies and recruiting, training and managing editorial staff.
Some key duties of the Editorial Lead will include but are not limited to:
· Processing submissions for editorial quality with some basic editing where required.
· Using existing editorial knowledge in HSS to provide expert knowledge and support to existing editorial staff.
· Manage and train the editorial team, carrying out pre-publication checks.
· Provide review of the publishing framework of the organisation and the platforms, to ensure clearly formulated publication criteria, editorial policies and ethical guidelines.
· Handle issues around publication and research ethics
· Be the main point of contact for authors and external clients for issues requiring escalation.
What we are looking for:
· Strong subject matter knowledge and editorial experience in HSS
· A solid understanding of the scholarly publishing ecosystem, particularly Open Access
· The ability to handle multiple projects and work to tight deadlines
· Adaptability and the willingness to take on new and different responsibilities as they arise
· A pro-active individual who is resourceful and a team player
· Excellent English language skills
This role carries a generous salary and benefits package. To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter, outlining your salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org