This is a broad role, encompassing split of Accounts & Audit work in various sectors whilst working in the Corporate Services team in delivering an outstanding service to a diverse portfolio of clients including OMBs, PLCs, international companies and charities.
The successful individual will be responsible for leading external audits from planning to completion, the preparation and review of statutory accounts and leading teams of junior staff on site. As an Audit & Accounts Senior, over time you will be responsible for a portfolio of clients to which you will be responsible for leading statutory audits and also preparing the financial statements for a range of clients including, medium size limited business, charities, and consolidated accounts.
You will be operating in a client facing role and take a lead with client relationships. Key Responsibilities:
- Oversee all aspects of the audit process from planning & fieldwork through to completion
- Ensure planned audit work is appropriately completed to satisfy audit objectives
- Preparation of statutory accounts , corporation tax returns and self assessment tax returns
- Ensuring compliance deadlines are met and liaising with tax staff to ensure work is appropriately planned.
- Control the audit in relation to timescales, budgets and risk management procedure
- Supervising & developing more junior members of staff
- Dealing with client queries
- Adhering to the firms vision and goals
- ACCA/ ACA Qualified
- ACCA/ ACA Finalist with experiece/ skills in audit and accounts
- Experience of leading audits from planning to completion
- Strong IT skills, Accountancy software packages
- Practice experience is highly essential