Quicksilva, established in 1999, is a UK-based supplier of systems integration and messaging services, which has from the outset been associated with prestigious IT development and delivery projects and provides integration services to both the public and private sector. Quicksilva recently become a part of Harris Computer group, a provider of mission critical software solutions for the Public Sector, Healthcare, Utilities and Private Sector verticals throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.Summary
We are looking for an experienced Test Automation Engineer, this is an important role at the heart of our forward-thinking delivery team. You'll need to be inquisitive and keen to get stuck in. To help us on our journey towards cutting-edge continuous delivery you'll have a strong background in test automation, and you'll need to be a rounded IT professional, including having hands-on experience of application development.
The role is likely to be remote for the rest of 2020. From there you'll have flexibility to mix working remotely with working from our lovely Kington Langley (near Chippenham) offices. We are in a lovely rural setting, and offer a refreshing alternative to the 'rat-race'. Our offices, renovated former potting sheds and greenhouses of a centuries old Wiltshire manor house, boast gardens that would befit respected Georgian gentry. We understand how to get the most from the environment and from our people.
Quicksilva prides itself on having a fun, supportive and inclusive culture. We recognise the value of having a diverse team of individuals, and this is key to continuing to better our work.
You will will bring a sharp quality focus to help us deliver reliable products and services that help improve healthcare workers' ability to deliver great patient service, with your experience/skils in: Responsibilities
Reporting to the Delivery Manager:
What skills are we looking for?Essential
- Production of test criteria, conditions and scripts for all types of testing as directed by the Delivery Manager;
- Building, maintaining and undertaking automated testing, building and maintaining delivery pipeline/DevOps tools as well as manual testing as directed by the Delivery Manager and embedded in the Delivery Team;
- Analysis and reporting of testing activities;
- Support for software development project work and internal projects;
- Liaison with client test teams;
- Authoring/QA of business documents e.g. functional specs;
- Ad hoc tasks for the Delivery Manager;
- Working as part of a team, but will also be expected to work alone.
- Test automation
- Ability to perform hands-on application development
- Java/.net Software Application Testing, including REST and SOAP APIs
- Creation of Test Plans and Specifications
- Production of Test Scenarios and Scripts
- Test creation and execution via automated tools
- Test Data definition and management
- Analysis and reporting of test results
- Maintaining and operating automated delivery pipelines
- Working within the software development lifecycle using Agile
- Experience of working with/managing containers, Kubernetes, Helm, Azure/cloud
- Experience of micro-service architecture
- Testing Pipeline/DevOps Tools: e.g. TeamCity, Testrails, SoapUI Pro/ReadyAPI, JMeter, Katalon, Source control (e.g. SVN, Bitbucket), Jira, Confluence
- Experience of writing Technical Documentation.
- Awareness of TDD and User Stories
- Experience of working within a Quality System
- Experience of continuous integration/delivery
- Manual testing
: up to £40,000 p/a plus excellent benefits, to find out more please request the full Job Specification.Location:
Based in Wiltshire, but prepared to travel to client sites UK-wide to provide consultancy, implementation and sales support.