Senior Software Engineer - Java
I have the absolute pleasure to represent one of the most sought-after Technology businesses in the UK today. If you are currently considering a career move that will directly contribute to saving the planet against climate change, please read on. My client is developing digital solutions to fight climate change and improve public health through food production. Leading a global movement and a new sector space 'regen-agtech' they are seeking to redefine how fruit is produced and sold globally. What really makes this one of the most significant moves the world has seen is that their food production will focus on improving carbon sequestration to reduce climate change whilst increasing fruit yield and nutritional quality.
My client is building solutions that make a difference to growers, consumers and the environment, creating a wholistic carbon farming system. This movement will radically shake up relationships with mass retailers and the global farming communities - a problem that has never been tackled before! A new technology team is currently under construction and my client has already secured some of the best minds and thought leaders in this space.
The next wave of recruitment focuses on Software Engineering. I am looking to speak to any Senior/Lead Software Engineers who can create production ready, enterprise scalable code fit for a commercial environment but who is also happy 'hacking' POCs as demos before entering production. You will support and feed into decisions on which technologies, tools, practices, and approaches would be best suited to our business, working in close collaboration with the Lead Data Engineer and Product team. The ideal candidate will have
- Strong Computer Science, software engineering or similar technical background. We are open to field of expertise and are more interested in ability to deliver
- Proven hands-on Software Development experience with a track record in building and delivering commercial software solutions
- Proven working experience in server-side Java development however full stack is a bonus.
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
- Experience building and using REST (or other API) interfaces
- Familiarity of deploying to Cloud based architecture (AWS/Azure)
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases such as SQL
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC)
- A passion for delivering high quality, fit for purpose, solutions
- The ability to work in a fast-paced Agile/lean environment, with a constant focus on delivery
- Private Healthcare
- Evolving benefits package with lots more additions planned for this year, including a company share scheme!
- Starting salary with the potential of an early increase post twelve months of service