The Director of Customer Success is ultimately responsible for the ensuring we deliver Fanatical Support to our customers. Due to the 24X7 operations of the business, this role must work a flexible work schedule to deal with all escalations and outages.
· Lead and manage an operations team within a segment that includes all measures of customer growth, loyalty, profits and Racker engagement.
· Recruiting, managing and developing technical and non technical Rackers whilst maintaining the Rackspace culture.
· Coaching teams on how to apply industry best practices during customer consultations.
· Setting team targets whilst managing and monitoring performance accordingly.
· Building a scalable and efficient organizational model that reduces our cost to serve our customers.
· Reviewing service breakdowns to implement process improvement opportunities.
· Acting as the final escalation point for customer and staff issues.
· Managing SLAs and implementing process change to underpin contractual SLAs.
· Be a collaborative partner with other departments in the UK and US to deploy and optimize new service solutions to achieve growth targets.
· Succession planning throughout the department.
Key Performance Indicators (against each key accountability)
· Customer Growth is measured on % growth in the Installed Base the target is set on a quarterly basis.
· Customer Loyalty is measured using the NPS the target is set on a quarterly basis.
· Retention of customers is measured using a % defection churn against the Installed Base.
· Racker Engagement is measured using the Gallup Q12.
· Scaling the organization is measured using a Revenue per Racker target that is set on a quarterly basis.
· Service breakdowns (SLA) is measured by calculating the % of service credits raised against the Installed Base.
· Succession planning is measured against ability to continue with business seamlessly if we were to lose a key Racker.
· Great understanding of the IT industry and various technologies.
· Significant operational management experience within a mission critical environment.
· Effective trouble shooting and analytical skills and ability to manage complex & technical projects.
· Effective cost centre management and budgetary control.
· Compelling business case formation and follow through.
· Strong negotiation skills with suppliers and customers.
· Ability to meet challenging targets within tight deadlines.
· Proven track record of change improvement meeting strategic objectives.
· A great attitude with internal customers and external parties, excellent written, verbal, and communications skills.
· Ability to inspire and motivate others.
· 7 years + technical management experience responsible for large teams with diverse skill set preferred.
· Excellent understanding in various technologies especially mission critical environments.
· Track record in delivering on a customer service model with exceptional results.
Responsible for adhering to company security policies and procedures and any other relevant policies and standards as directed.