CTO | Global Trading Firm
Our client is one of the leading market makers in exchange traded derivatives across Europe and Asia. They are globally renowned and whilst being one of the most successful derivatives market making business' operating, more recently they have successfully expanded into other trading verticals across a variety of asset classes.
Technology is the dirving force behind their continued success over the last 10+ years. A combimation of a flat structure and some of the most talented technicians in the market has resulted in the continued success of this global trading powerhouse. Cutting edge technology is is at the forefront of the business, adding to this smart quantitative methods whilst maintaining their strong trading roots has allowed the business to continously take market share from their competitors. They are now looking for a new CTO to take the business to the next level - a hard task given the high standards the business is already operating at.
Responsibilities for CTO | Global Trading Firm:
· Develop the strategy for the technology element for the business whilst working with CEO, CPO, COO to define objectives
· Manage the tech function effectively and efficiently, achieving above and beyond the pre-agreed objectives.
· Design and implementation of innovative technologies/ideas
· Technical support of all areas of the business
· Review and design of the company infrastructure
· Keep quality high whilst ensuring data protection and security at all times.
· Stay updated with compliance with regulatory rules and guidelines - implementation where necessary
· Ensure fluid feedback and improvement regulargly within the tech function. This is also to be discussed and reviewed with other senior stakeholders.
· Clear communication of strategy and vision
· Previous experience as CTO or related role operating within financial markets
· Experience in market making
· Hands on development experience in C++, Python and/or C#
· Previous experiecne of strategy creation and successful implementation
· Experience with budgets and business-planning
· BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field; MBA or other relevant graduate degree is a plus