We are hiring a Senior Legal Counsel for a 12 month fixed contract
! The successful candidate will report into the General Counsel and provide legal advice on a broad range of issues affecting the Suntory Beverage and Food GB&I (SBF GB&I) business as well as support and interact with other Suntory group entities.
If you join the team, you'll be part of the Suntory Group among the world's leading consumer products companies. We offer a uniquely diverse portfolio of beverage products enjoyed by millions around the world: from soft drinks favourites like Lucozade, Ribena, Orangina, Schweppes, to award-winning Japanese whiskies Yamazaki and Hibiki, The Premium Malt's beer, and iconic American spirits Jim Beam and Maker's Mark.
✏️What your day-to-day will look like? Business Partnering & legal guidance
Compliance & policies
- Work with agility with a variety of stakeholders in the GB&I business, including Procurement, External Supply, Sales, Consumer Care, External Affairs, Supply Chain, Logistics and Customer Service, Innovation, Planning, Regulatory, Manufacturing, Quality, EHS, Finance, IT and Operational teams in GB&I on a wide variety of ad hoc queries and projects associated with operating a soft drinks company.
- Advise commercial teams on competition law issues and policy, complex routes to market, e-commerce and digital, compliance issues, customer agreements, trading terms, business plans, GSCOP, product launches, disputes, logistics issues, customer mergers, insolvency, retail, wholesale, convenience, on-trade and out of home.
- Provide strategic and legal support to General Counsel and External Affairs with industry issues such as customer mergers, insolvencies, Soft Drinks Industry Levy, Brexit, etc. and lead in liaising with relevant industry bodies on SBF GB&I's behalf.
- Foster relationships and use tailored ways of working for key business partners across UK & Ireland and SBFE.
- Support SBFE integration and harmonisation projects working with regional legal colleagues and SBFE business.
Negotiation & Legal correspondence
- Create and maintain GB&I Legal Team's commercial legal templates, policies and resources for GB&I, adapting to changes in legislation and otherwise as needed.
- Create and deliver a range of legal training to the GB&I business, and to the legal team itself.
- Lead GB&I's competition law compliance maintaining a competition law policy, delivering risk-based advice to the business, providing relevant training, handling competition law queries, and conducting risk analyses.
You might be the right fit for us if you are...
- Draft and negotiate a wide range of commercial, operational and other legal agreements for SBF GB&I (and in some instances SBFE) including manufacturing, co-packing, logistics, transportation, warehousing, distribution, procurement, sale of goods, trading agreements and joint business plans, licences, sponsorship, consultancy, services, agency and research and development agreements.
- Professionally qualified as a Solicitor (or equivalent); with an excellent grounding in general commercial law; Fast-Moving Consumer Goods experience is an advantage.
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal) with ability to influence across wide range of stakeholders in a fast-paced and diverse business, including at a senior level;
- Strategic thinker with ability to think differently about projects, the direction of the Legal team and the business more generally
- Commercially astute and able to create and communicate commercial pragmatic solutions fit for our business and easy to understand for different client groups.
- Positive attitude and showing resilience in challenging times
- Agile and adapting behaviour to different situations, anticipating change, adapting response and taking prompt and decisive action where needed;
- Embracing a growth mindset and developing a learning culture within the legal team and wider to build legal knowledge and capabilities.
Ready to join an energised community of proud Suntorians, combine local agility with global impact, transform challenge into opportunities and dream big? Apply now with your CV and let's write the future together!