As the leader in pharmaceutical distribution and supply chain management, McKesson delivers supply, technology and care management solutions to over 120,000 retail and health system pharmacies. We work hard so that pharmacists can spend their time supporting patients - not focused on completing paperwork. Our Center for Financial Services plays a critical role in ensuring that hospitals, pharmacies and retail chains receive pharmaceutical products quickly - usually within 24 hours. Our entire team works to ensure patients receive their medications efficiently and begin the process of healing.
IN 2014 McKesson acquired Celesio, a leading pharmaceutical wholesaler and retailer operating in 14 countries and delivering more than 8.5 million products per day to pharmacies and hospitals. McKesson Global Procurement & Sourcing Ltd (MGPSL) was established to achieve purchasing synergies by capitalizing on the global scale and capabilities of both McKesson and Celesio. MGPSL is a fully owned legal entity of McKesson Corporation that is responsible for negotiating global agreements and developing strategic partnerships with the industry's major brand and generics suppliers and act on behalf of the company in key supplier relationships. The goal for the Global Procurement & Sourcing organization is to fully leverage the enormous buying power of the company and to optimize spend across all McKesson business units as well as create differentiated and innovative solutions that position McKesson and Celesio as the distribution and retail partner of choice Job Summary
The VP EU Generics Procurement is responsible for leading the UK Gx Procurement team and collaborating with the EU Gx Procurement teams on developing EU Gx strategy, evolving Gx sourcing models, and leveraging enterprise Gx scale. Own and develop strategic relationships with all supplier partners with the objective to ensure McKesson is positioned as the strategic partner of choice. Primary responsibility is to deliver the generic synergy targets for the organization as well as develop and implement new generic procurement strategies and initiatives in collaboration with each internal business unit in order to deliver additional value to the all stakeholders.
The VP, EU Generic Rx Sourcing manages a team of highly skilled sourcing professionals. Activities include: (1) product development and sourcing; (2) supplier and product management; (3) category management; (4) supplier performance management (KPIs); (5) supplier negotiation, sourcing analytics & should-cost modeling; (6) product RFPs; (7) artwork and packaging development; (8) portfolio risk mitigation; (9) forecasting and planning. Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions
The VP EU Generics Procurement is to act as the day to day interface between McKesson Procurement and its generic supplier partners. Working cross-functionally across McKesson business units in USA, Canada and Europe, the position will ensure initiatives by business unit are developed and implemented with the aim to identify opportunities for ongoing development that meet both the needs of our local business units as well as our supplier partners. The position requires exceptional negotiation skills, strong account/partnership management, interpersonal and relationship management skills, as well as strategic thinking, problem-solving and the ability to identify opportunities.
EU Generics Procurement will lead the international sourcing teams
Europe based in London.
1. Enhance and develop long terms relationships with existing and targeted strategic generic supplier partners by establishing productive, professional relationships with key personnel within assigned account base
2. Assessing market and supplier needs and developing new sourcing models and programs.
3. Lead all agreement terms and contract negotiations including both new contract frameworks as well as renewals of existing agreements
4. Work in close collaboration with other senior leaders within MGPSL as well as key personnel within the organizations business units to identify and deliver new and innovative ways of working to capture incremental value for all stakeholders
5. Develop a comprehensive understanding of the supplier partners objectives, challenges and growth enablers and gain a detailed insight into the markets in which they operate in order to identify new opportunities to create value
6. Work with the procurement teams and business units to proactively assess, clarify and validate supplier needs, challenges, risks and opportunities on an ongoing basis and support with the delivery of the strategic objectives set for all assigned accounts
7. Develops and monitors financial budgets to ensure spending remains within budget and profit objectives.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 12 years'+ work experience ideally within the Pharmaceutical industry in a procurement, sourcing, commercial or business development role
- Experience in supplier and/or customer relationship management critical as well as some exposure to global or Pan-European pharmaceutical markets
- nalytical rigor and ability to structure ill-defined problems and being intellectual leadership to problem solving; synthesize insights from analysis and ensure credible, actionable recommendations.
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills and ability to think both opportunistically and strategically
- Strong experience and knowledge of healthcare products and industry stakeholders such as manufacturers, trends, economic drivers and policy across healthcare.
- Proven expertise in cost negotiation, product management and development, category management, quality and logistics.
- Financial acumen and understanding of financial models and experience with financial planning, budgeting and capital allocation in the context of strategic planning and price management to achieve financial and operational goals.
- Outstanding communication ability. Can promote ideas and proposals through credibility, influence and persuasion.
Benefits and Company Statement
- Bachelors' degree, or equivalent experience. MBA preferred, but not essential
- Office based duties
- Flexible for global travel, where required
We believe you should be rewarded for the important work you do. For that reason, you'll receive a competitive compensation and benefits package when you join our team. It starts with you. That's a simple sentence, but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission - whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. By connecting and improving the business of healthcare, we're helping to ensure that millions of patients get the treatment they need. And by choosing a career with McKesson, you'll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives and advance healthcare. At McKesson, we believe we can empower healthcare. And it all starts with you. McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer - minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities