About the job and why you're needed...
My client are a leading technology provider to the satellite and space industries, designing next-generation communications systems and solutions including SDR modems, steerable multi-beam antenna systems and
Due to continued growth and a number of new, large scale contracts that have recently been won, they are now looking to grow their UK based engineering teams and bring on board an experienced systems engineer to design, build and test all mechanical structures for payload subsystems. Objectives of the position...
Why you should consider joining...
- Design RF and electronic packaging making sure they are optimised for the environmental pressures of space
- Provide mechanical and thermal analysis for all payload subsystems
- Create all specifications, drawings and documentation supporting multiple payload programs
- Act as customer interface and work closely with internal payload and AIT engineering teams as well as liaising with program management for the successful development of new payload subsystems
This is a high growth period for this highly successful and truly interesting and innovative company who can offer great development opportunities for the right candidate. You would be working at the forefront of technological development providing next-generation satellite solutions to be utilised in both GSO and NGSO solutions. To be successful in this role you'll need to have...
Interested to know more?
- An in-depth understanding of satellite payload subsystems, spacecraft system design and testing modules, with experience of 3-D CAD software and ideally over 5 years experience
- Spacecraft payload design, validation and testing experience will be essential
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant subject, ideally in Structural or Mechanical Engineering
- Previous experience in material selection for space-based applications
- Previous experience of working with ESA processes will be preferred but not mandatory
To apply, please respond to this posting with a copy of your cv and we can arrange a suitable time to speak. Please note that due to the large number of applications we may not be able to respond to every applicant. Keywords...if all these are resonating, this could the job for you!!
satellite, payload, satellite subsystems, thermal, mechanical, antennas, spacecraft system design, satellite communications, satcoms, satcomms, satellite payloads