An opportunity to join the rural estate management team at Savills working in an agile way across the eastern counties, with scope to progress within the region and company. The successful candidate will be an experienced, qualified, financially and commercially astute rural surveyor.
Our Ipswich and Norwich offices cover all of Norfolk and Suffolk, plus parts of Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire. The combined team offer the widest range of property services of any competitor in the region, across residential, rural, development, food and farming, minerals and more. There are approximately 18 staff in the Rural, Energy and Projects (REP) teams across both offices.
The candidate will have a key role in the estate management business, reporting directly to a diverse client base as well as client directors, so the ability to build strong working relationships is key.
They will have responsibility for all relevant management matters, to include lease renewals, rent reviews, financial management, planning and development as part of the day to day role. Being innovative, forward thinking and agile is vital in enabling clients to develop the strategy for their business.
The region is supported by the almost-limitless knowledge, resources and research within the national and international Savills network, and as an integral member of the team you will be expected to liaise with your counterparts across the country and to contribute to business development throughout Savills both within and beyond the rural division.
This role offers considerable opportunities for the candidate to progress their career. Savills offer unique training across a range of subjects which includes a comprehensive business management programme. There are also opportunities to be part of national committees and focus groups.Key Responsibilities
The provision of estate management and consultancy services to a first class standard, including:
- Supporting a team of assistant property managers and administrators to deliver estate management services to a range of private, charitable and institutional clients
- Maintaining and enhancing client relationships as the primary contact
- Contributing to Norwich and Ipswich's rural management team, helping to deliver strategy in order to drive the business forward within the region
- Other professional skills including compulsory purchase
- Consistently delivering exceptional performance
- To contribute to and support business development initiatives and tenders, targeting and winning new business, agreeing the scope of instructions and fees as appropriate
- To represent the firm and the department across the region in a manner consistent with the firm's ethos, promoting the firm and its various service lines
- To help promote and deliver the firm's compliance procedures and standards
- Encourage good communication between all disciplines within the locality
In addition to the responsibilities summarised above, the job holder may be required to carry out other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time.Skills And Knowledge Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Confident with a positive outlook
- Appetite for continuous improvement: delivers efficiency in addition to effectiveness
- Self-starter, who relishes challenges and strives for the best
- Strong decision maker who gives assurance
- Team player: builds relationships and consults with others, and quickly establishes trust and credibility
- Ethical with strong integrity
- Someone who has innate curiosity and is eager to experiment and push the boundaries of what is possible
- Creative and lateral thinker, with the ability to problem solve and focus on solutions
- Commercially aware, but with the ability to vary approach dependent on circumstances
- Focussed: commits to challenging goals and delivers consistently against these
- Ability to influence and quickly build rapport and long standing relationships
- Impressive relationship management skills and ability to engage with a variety of audiences
- Self-motivated, goal driven individual able to prioritise, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a clear and logical fashion, with good organisational skills and attention to detail
- An interest in building relationships and generating new business
- MRICS or FAAV essential
- Relevant experience in the property sector with comprehensive technical knowledge and a strong understanding of landlord and tenant law and practice, and property compliance
- Cost management: financial and commercial acumen with strong planning, budgeting and operational reporting skills
- Clear written and verbal communication style
- Highly competent and skilled with Microsoft Office, including Excel. Training will be provided in respect of internal systems.
- Driving licence essential
To apply for this position in confidence, please submit a CV and Covering Letter, with salary requirements, to Tom Parish, email@example.com
Please note, we will use your personal data to respond to your application. For further details, or to view our Privacy Notice or Group Equality & Diversity policy, see our website - savills.co.uk.
Savills is a Disability Confident Committed Employer.
Savills is an accredited Living Wage Employer.
Savills is a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champion programme - ensuring all LGBTQ+ staff are accepted without exception in the workplace.