ICU Medical Officer Location:
Various UK based private hospitalsSalary:
From £51,384 gross per annum (depending on experience)Rotation:
1:1 (one week on duty, one week off)Job summary:
· To be part of a team providing 24 hour medical cover and immediate first line airway management and resuscitation to any patient, visitor or staff member as required.
· To assist Consultants and nursing staff in the Intensive Care Unit, Theatre recovery area, ward or other areas in the hospital as needed.
· The medical officer will encompass the assessment, resuscitation and ongoing management of critically ill patients with life-threatening single and multiple organ system failure. Person specification:
- Minimum of 3 years post-graduation experience.
- Minimum of 12 months experience in Intensive care.
- Minimum of 6 months experience in Anaesthesia.
- Will be required to hold a valid ALS and EPALS certification (this can be provided at our in-house Training Centre).
- Must be well organized and have the ability to plan ahead and deal with issues as they arise.
- Must demonstrate the ability to proactively identify potential problems and act to avoid them or to ensure a positive outcome.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt their approach to fit with changing conditions, tasks, responsibilities or people.
- Must be able to cooperate and work closely with other members of staff.