Jefferies, the global investment banking firm, has served companies and investors for 50 years.
Headquartered in New York, with offices in over 30 cities around the world, the firm provides clients with capital markets and financial advisory services, institutional brokerage and securities research, as well as wealth and asset management. The firm provides research and execution services in equity, fixed income, foreign exchange, and futures markets, and a full range of investment banking services including underwriting, mergers and acquisitions, restructuring and recapitalization, and other advisory services, with all businesses now operating across the Americas, Europe and Asia. Jefferies is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Leucadia National Corporation (NYSE: LUK), a diversified holding company.Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Head of European Internal Audit and working within a team of 8 covering business audits and SOX testing, the role is primarily to assist in completing the audit plan for Jefferies International Limited ('JIL').
The primary aspect of the role is to lead audits with coverage across the entire Firm (working alongside a minimum of one junior auditor) as defined in the annual JIL Audit Plan. This will include audits of Front Office trading businesses, Corporate support areas, Regulatory required audits, Governance-focused audits, and any specific management or JIL Board requests.
The role involves assisting with the risk assessment process that feeds into the annual Audit Planning process and working with the team to adopt an Agile audit approach for each audit. Experience of using data analytics would be helpful as we look to expand our use of data analytics across each audit.
A demonstrable understanding of risks and controls is essential. Experience within Financial Services is required.
Qualifications Required Background & Skills:
- Define scope of audits based on risk-based assessment
- Write draft Audit Engagement Memorandum
- Understand key risks and controls in area being audited via discussions with management, walkthroughs, etc.
- Define, execute, and document test plan
- Work with auditees to agree findings, corrective actions, and due dates
- Write draft audit reports
- Assist with SOX testing
- 3 or more years of Investment Banking relevant Internal Audit experience
- Self-motivated audit professional that effectively analyzes risk and proactively identifies issues
- Advanced degree and/or certification (e.g., CPA, MBA, CIA) preferred
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders, desire to learn quickly, be flexible, and think strategically
- Enthusiastic, effective under pressure and accountable
- Strong analytical skills, particularly in regard to assessing the probability and impact of an internal control weakness
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Excellent time management, problem solving, written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of Agile audit approach and use of data analytics in audits preferrable
- Minimum 3 years of relevant Internal audit experience
- Minimum bachelor's degree; advanced degree and/or certification (e.g., ACCA, ACA, CPA, MBA, CIA) preferred