As a technically focused SQL Developer, you will be working on large systems and be involved with the department's most critical and complex systems.
The Management Information Systems (MIS) Regulatory team is responsible for building and maintaining real-time and batch regulatory submissions and reporting systems. The semantics of third party reporting requirements often result in extremely complex business logic to transform our data models to those of the regulators.
The systems used are currently implanted in SQL Server, .Net windows services, .Net web services, and SSRS reports.
The day to day work is interesting, challenging, and fast-paced amidst a hardworking and delivery focused company ethos. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technology's greatest challenges. Main Responsibilities:
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Participating in the development and maintenance of data-centric solutions in response to varied business problems, principally utilising SQL Server.
- Working alongside team members on multi-developer projects.
- Assisting in the continuous improvement, maintenance, and housekeeping of databases and existing solutions.
- Developing solutions in line with departmental standards, adhering to the development process.
- Creating and maintaining relevant documentation.
- Extensive commercial database development experience.
- Working with complex OLTP data models.
- Advanced T-SQL and execution plan analysis skills.
- Experience of software development within the gambling industry.
- Extremely methodical with high attention to detail.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL Server performance monitoring, query turning, and SQL Server Internals.
- Relish development and support of highly complex mission-critical software.
- Working in a team environment delivering high-quality solutions.