About the Institute
The Tony Blair Institute for Global Change aims to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies in an interconnected world. We do this through developing policy and advising governments. Focus of the Role
We are seeking a Contracts Manager who will be responsible for the facilitation, negotiation, and management of live prime and sub-award funding mechanisms and modifications. The Contracts Manager will work with the programme and policy teams, Finance and Legal staff as well as fundraisers. They will lead on the management of a portfolio of current contracts and work with others in the development of systems and processes to ensure the effective management of funded programs to meet client requirements. They will also work specifically with fundraisers to ensure the smooth transition of opportunities from the pipeline into award.
They will be accountable for meeting contract management targets and metrics and will collaborate within the fundraising operations team to ensure continued improvements to systems and processes.
The successful candidate will provide oversight of Institute contracts from various client donors and take a portfolio approach to ensuring coherent management of such resources. They will provide thought partnership and problem-solving support to teams as they implement client funded programmes. In addition to supporting increased training and know-how on donor T&Cs, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring compliance with donor requirements. They will work with others to ensure continuity and sustainability of the current portfolio of contracts.
With strong interpersonal and organisational skills, the winning candidate will implement existing systems to ensure continuity of fundraising performance and coordination across the wider Institute fundraising activity. The role will be key to ensuring the fundraising team can play its oversight function, lead on and implement strategy. Successful candidates will be natural collaborators, problem-solvers and deeply experienced in playing a support role whilst driving initiatives forward. This role will execute in context of evolving internal structures.
This role will be a fixed-term contract for up to two years. Key Responsibilities:
- Act as a key point of contact for clients and partners on awards and ensure timely and effective communication on all current contracts.
- Work collaboratively with Programme and Policy teams, Business Teams (e.g. Legal, Finance, Security, Operations) and external stakeholders (e.g. prime and sub partners and donors) to ensure the effective management of live contracts.
- Work with others to develop systems, processes, routines, tools and approval structures required to effectively manage and close-out awards including a strong planning approach.
- Work with Programme, Policy and Finance teams to ensure strong financial management in compliance with client requirements and ensure risks are captured and addressed including burn rate management.
- Provide thought-partnership and problem-solving support to teams. Provide interpretation of select donor rules and provide training to staff on donor requirements, policies and procedures.
- Work with others to maintain knowledge management systems and ensuring contract files are kept up to date in consistent manner to support contract closure, backstopping and handover.
- Work with teams to monitor contract implementation, reporting and procurements to ensure donor compliance and tracking of Level of Effort (LOE) trends.
- For new contracts, review draft agreements and seek approvals as necessary, negotiate terms with donor, set up awards in internal systems.
- Support the development of and manage sub-award agreements to partners as needed.
- Ensure strong donor reporting protocols are in place including directly delivering reports, coordinating response to donor requests and facilitating communications in a timely manner.
- Ensure project close-out is delivered to plan and donor requirements.
- Collaborate, supervise or mentor Program Managers sitting in program and policy teams and ensure coherence and alignment in approaches across the Institute.
- Undertake other responsibilities as requested by the Director of Philanthropy and Business Development and fundraising Heads.
This role will be based London or DC and will require significant international travel.
What We Are Looking For?!QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably demonstrating strong writing and communication skills.
- Master's Degree and/or fundraising qualification is desirable.
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- A minimum of three- five years of managing and providing finance/contract management support to teams implementing complex contracts is essential
- Experience and knowledge of Fundraising and Business Development operations is essential
- Experience in a commercial context is highly desirable
- Experience of or interest in policy research or development programmes will be advantageous
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to meet deadlines under pressure and manage complex tasks, projects and programs is essential
- Experience in CRM and Database management is essential (e.g. Salesforce, Raisers Edge, Dynamics or SharePoint)
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential
- Highly financially literate and knowledge of unit cost analysis and developing cost profiles, is essential
- Excellent verbal communication, writing, researching and editing skills essential
- Excellent diplomacy, discretion and ability to engage with individuals at all levels is essential
- Strong IT skills and ability to learn new systems easily including Office 365, welcome
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, problem-solving attitude
- Ability to meet U.K. or USA right to work legislation as appropriate
values we look for:
Open and Progressive
We are open to the world not closed. The interconnectivity of people and countries and ideas is a good thing. We will always work to ensure opportunity is as evenly distributed as talent. Bold and Pragmatic
We know radical solutions are needed to solve the world's most intractable problems but they are only useful if leaders and governments can turn them into reality. We seek practical ways to effect lasting change. Optimistic Changemakers
We believe political leadership is the only way to deliver open, inclusive and prosperous societies at scale. We challenge convention and overturn the status quo. We are restless in tackling problems and ambitious in seizing new opportunities se send your CV today