ShortList Recruitment are on the lookout for a Delivery Manager to join an emerging client for exciting project work based in Newport.
Reporting to the Programme Manager and coordinating with the Programme Management Office, the Delivery Manager will own and be responsible for providing E2E cradle to grave management and delivery of all on site FTTH network builds, from survey through to testing and handover.
Local knowledge of the south Wales region would be highly beneficial for the role, and the successful Delivery Manager would Preferably be based in south Wales, however, to ensure the requirements of the business are met, geographical responsibility may be required to change, which could involve travel and time away from home.
The role will involve coordination and attending site visits with planners, LA representatives, landowners, traffic management suppliers, surveyors, civils and cabling contractors, engineers, dealing with complaints and any other interested parties. In conjunction with the PMO, you will feed in and assist with the output of a detailed programme of works which you will own and champion on site. Effective communication between the delivery manager and PMO is essential.
The Delivery Manager will have the following experience:
- At least 4 years demonstrative experience at management / supervisory level within the Telecoms industry
- Be able to communicate at all levels
- Excellent at providing detailed written reports and the ability to communicate professionally in open forums / groups / meeting
- Detailed understanding of ALL HSE requirements
- Experience of managing third party suppliers
- Wayleave negotiation experience
- Good understanding of FTTH deployment techniques including PIA and GPON networks
- Be familiar with synthetics and Openreach processes like A55 reports
- Have a management or supervisory NRSWA accreditation, with an in depth understanding of Street Works Act Section 74
- Traffic Management experience
- IT literate and good understanding of Excel (pivot tables, lookups etc)
The successful Delivery Manager will be entitled to a salary of up to £50,000 (DOE) and comes with a good benefits package.
The Delivery Manager role is commutable from Bath, Bristol, Cardiff, Cheltenham, Cwmbran, Gloucester, Newport and Swansea.