Project Consultant (Stock)
Up to £45,000 pa (DOE)
A Bit About Us
We're a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we're a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we're about.
More About the Role
We are looking for someone who is willing to question existing ways of working, by applying their system knowledge, to help drive efficiencies for the business utilising the Microsoft Dynamics systems (AX 2012 & D365).
This position would suit a Warehousing/Supply chain professional, with a love for problem solving, who is looking to move into a more systems focused role. If you consider yourself a Super User or Subject Matter expert and understand how business processes can be improved to align with ERP, the role will be perfect for you.
This role is all about taking real ownership of key projects and driving for D365 & AX2012. Being the driving force behind making efficiency improvements and building strong relationships across AO, both in the UK and Europe.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
· Requirement Gathering - interacting directly with end users and senior business stakeholders to understand their needs and problem statements
· End to end systems project life cycle, delivering projects using different methodologies.
· Provide a high standard of user training to increase knowledge and buy in from end users
· Documenting and analysing complex business processes for ease of review and decision making
· Successfully creating test plans and carrying out testing in the final stages of UAT
· Stakeholder Management and building strong relationships to drive work forward
· Support the development of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 & D365
· Improvement of processes within the Group (UK & Europe) for simplicity and standardisation
· Review and approve Business Requirement documents / Functional Design documents
· KPI deliverables against business case as part of post implementation review
· Maintain Backlog prioritisation to aid working on the most important work requests
· Support Data migration to ensure accurate and robust data
· Second line support for end user functional issues
· Support System configuration
A few thing about you
You need to be a great communicator and have solid interpersonal skills as you'll be part of a team working with stakeholders. You must also have:
· Experience using Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012/D365
· Appetite for constantly improving processes
· Change management experience
· A natural problem solver with a logical approach who enjoys going in and 'fixing things' and finding solutions
· Able to keep calm under pressure and deal with setbacks in a positive way
· A confident communicator
· A flexible approach, with the ability to quickly adapt to changes in a fast-paced environment.
· Team player
· Able to meet tight deadlines and work in an efficient manner
· Technically strong with a good understanding of the O365 package
· Willing to go the extra mile to get things done
· Able to bring a bit of fun to work!
Nice to have?
· A part or fully qualified accountant (ACMA, ACCA, ACA)
· Microsoft Certifications
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO'way of doing things is vital to our success. We're passionate people, determined to do whatever's necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you'd expect your Nan to be treated, and make decisions your Mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO'er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO'ers don't just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn't our thing. We don't follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.