Network Engineer (NOC) - Tier 1Permanent & Full time (non shift to start, but will be required to work a rota that includes nights and weekends in time)MarlowCompetitive Salary & Benefits (plus JNCIA Training)Key skills: NOC / network engineer / CCNA / WAN / LAN / solarwinds / network monitoring / third party suppliers / remote troubleshooting
We at MLL Telecom are a growing SME business with lots of exciting work in our pipeline looking for a Network Engineer
to join our Network Operations Centre (NOC) based at our lovely office in Marlow. As a Network / NOC Engineer working in the NOC you will support the monitoring and management of MLL Telecom customer networks and ISP operations.
The main responsibility will be identifying, diagnosing, managing and resolving incidents, minimising the impact of any network outage and customer downtime. You will be expected to ensure that customer SLA's are achieved for all services using Network Monitoring and end-to-end Incident Management processes.
For the role of NOC Engineer role you should be prepared to work a shift pattern which will involve days, nights and weekends. In return we will train you across multi-vendor technology to include putting you through JNCIA certification.Roles and Responsibilities
To apply for the role of NOC Engineer you will need the below in addition to the wider role specification:
- Network Monitoring, Incident Management, Incident Diagnosis and Incident Resolution within SLA's, OLA's and KPI's, ensuring that all incidents are investigated in a timely manner.
- Provide regular updates to ticketing systems whilst progressing incidents through to resolution
- Liaising and escalating with external suppliers and other MLL Telecom departments to ensure minimum disruption and downtime on the network.
- Keep abreast with new network technology supported by the NOC
The benefits that you would receive are:
- CCNA certified
- Experience of working within a Network Management or Operations Centre environment within the Managed Services (data or voice), Telecoms Sector, or ISP.
- Experience with network monitoring tools
- Experience of trouble-ticketing systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- LAN and WAN troubleshooting skills
- Juniper experience highly desirable
- BUPA Healthcare
- 25 days holiday + 8 days bank holidays + holiday buy scheme (purchase up to one week extra holiday)
- Flexible working
- Matched Pension contributions
- Dental Care
At MLL Telecom we feel we have a great business and believe strongly in its potential to make a real mark within the sector. We have great people on board and are recruiting excellent new talent as we grow. Those on board are hungry to make our business a success. We are on an exciting journey and look for a passionate individual to join us
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.