Who are we
We are Spekk; a life-changing, world-beating, boundlessly modest Marketing Advisory and Creative Studio. We create marketing strategies and advertising campaigns for some of the coolest brands out there -- from global to start ups. With a young, talented team Spekk is a highly stimulating environment for the talented and the energetic.About the internship:
What you'll do:
At Spekk, we may not be able to offer brutally back-breaking hours or compulsory rules on formal attire. But there are so many reasons why you should come to work for us over a multinational bank - who'll probably forget your name by Q2, or whatever those guys call 'Springtime.'
You'll support two parts of our business here at Spekk HQ:
- Consultancy - develops radical and lasting marketing strategies for brands, based on well researched insights.
- Paid Media Business Unit - executes advertising strategies on social media.
Both of these divisions are driven by numbers and analysis.
Your job will be to help with this research. You'll mine and analyse data, creating strategy alongside our Founders and Junior Analysts. You'll also learn how to set up, optimize, execute and measure advertising campaigns.
What you'll learn:
- Gathering, analysing and deriving data for marketing insights
- Key frameworks and ways of thinking to build successful marketing strategies and campaigns
- Keynote - the best tool out there to present your ideas to colleagues and clients
- Google Analytics, Facebook Business Manager, Google Data Studio and how tracking of marketing and advertising works online
We're a Creative Agency, not a manufacturer of artisan butter - we don't have a high 'churn' when it comes to interns.At Spekk we only take two interns at any one time: one creative and one analytical. This is important to us - and should be to you.
We find that searching for and nurturing talent this way is a highly effective way for us to find the very best candidates.
There is no guarantee of a work opportunity at the end of this internship, but both of us at the very least should walk away having had a quality and enjoyable experience. Having said that, we're looking for someone to fill this position because we just hired our previous intern, full time - we have a knack for finding those rare spontaneous mavericks out there, so who knows where your time with us could take you...Timings, duration & location:
Please apply if...
- Start date: anytime between early September and Mid October.
- We're here for a long time AND a good time - we don't offer internships lasting less than 3 months
- All roles are full time.
- We only accept applications from candidates who would be available for potential full-time employment upon completion of the internship (so last semester work placement or right after graduation).
- This is not a remote internship. Our office is in Notting Hill and we mostly work from there, although we definitely have a lot of flexibility in working from home on and off.
Bonus points if...
- You got (or are finishing up) your education from a top university.
- The rest of your classmates are preparing for Goldman Sachs' insane interview marathons, and you're sat there wondering why these nerds are even still your friends.
- When you go to sleep at night, you dream of neatly organised spreadsheets.
- You're a human calculator.
- You're fluent in English.
- You get good grades without memorizing textbooks.
- Everyone wants you on their team in a game of Monopoly.
- You fall to your knees in despair when a comma is out of place, when formula doesn't add up, or when you're missing a part of a puzzle.
How to apply
- You spend your money on seeing the world, rather than buying more of what's in it
- You speak more than one language
- You have a morally or legally questionable story from your gap year to tell us
- You'd prefer to go to Burning Man over Coachella
- You can mix a killer mezcal cocktail
Please send your resume and (super)brief cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line "Data & Insights Intern Application".