We are looking for a GIS Developer to join our Technical Enablement Research team, with the option to be based in our Aylesbury, Cambridge or Edinburgh office. If you can help us shape the future of the ArcGIS platform then we would love to hear from you.
We are a thriving company, with our head office based in Aylesbury that offers its employees the security of working for a financially sound, market-leading, mapping technology company. We encourage collaboration and truly value the individual contributions each person makes, rewarding them with a generous bonus scheme and comprehensive benefits package.The Position
Working for us as a GIS Developer, your key responsibilities would be to
- Work with new-release and prototype software, to better understand its real-world application and influence its future development
- Contribute to innovation projects that explore new ways of interacting with spatial data and help to further develop ArcGIS technologies
- Create technical demos for conferences that inspire our customers with innovative ways to use emerging technologies.
- Support the global Esri Developer Programme through events such as webinars and app challenges
You'll ideally be:
- Educated to degree level or above in a Computer Science or GIS-related subject
- Or have two-or-more years of experience working in the IT industry with GIS or related technologies
This would be a great opportunity if you:
- Have experience developing with Python and modern web technologies
- Are comfortable working with version control systems and virtualised environments
- Have a methodical and scientific approach to projects
- Have an aptitude to thinking creatively and identifying innovative areas to exploit the benefits of GIS
- Can demonstrate excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
Because of the types of data and clients we work with, all our positions require successful candidates to undergo a basic security clearance.We will reward you with:
- A competitive basic salary
- Company bonus scheme paying up to 20% per annum (based on company and personal achievements)
- Pension, Vitality healthcare scheme, gym contribution, cycle to work scheme. We believe as a company that we should give back wherever we can and therefore also offer volunteering opportunities, including MapAction.
This position can either be based at our head office in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire or our office in Edinburgh or Cambridge. Our head office is easy to reach by both public transport and car, we offer free parking and are within a short walk of the main shopping and dining areas of AylesburyWhy Should You Apply?
Our continued success and the development and happiness of our people are interdependent. Apply today to join our collaborative team, committed to supporting and nurturing our clients and growing our business.
Please apply including your C.V. and covering letter, detailing your salary expectations by 18th September 2020
Esri UK are an equal opportunity employer - we recognise the importance and value of having a diverse and inclusive workforce and the benefits that this can bring to both our employees and our customers