We are proud to be partnering with Independent Age in the search for a driven and personable Systems Accountant. The national charity was founded over 150 years ago with a clear mission in helping the elderly live well with dignity, choice and purpose; more important than ever in today's climate.
This is an exciting time to be joining as the charity are embarking on a new organisational strategy focusing on growth, sustainability and purpose, achieved through the modernisation and development of systems and processes and implementation of a business partnering approach.
The Systems Accountant will play a vital role in implementing, developing and maintaining the accounting system and other applications and effective use of the systems by training colleagues.
- Day to day management of SUN systems and interfaces to other applications
- Regular review of system to fix performance issues and improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Support implementation of new system applications and dashboard reporting
- Train and support finance team members on using systems
- Build and maintain financial reports in support of management accounts, budget setting and forecasting
- Produce monthly management accounts to budget holders
- Prepare monthly payroll and maintain fixed asset register
- Manage uploading of yearly and reforecast budgets in accounting system
- Assist with year-end deliverables, collating information for auditors
The ideal candidate will have significant experience working with SUN systems. You will have a good understanding of accounting principles and ideally be a fully qualified accountant. You will have strong communication skills with the ability to influence senior stakeholders. You will have advanced excel skills including macros.
In return you will be part of a passionate, mission focussed team, hungry for positive change. You will receive 28 days holidays plus bank holidays, a generous pension contribution and flexible working arrangements. This role will continue to develop and pick up new projects throughout. If you would like to play an integral part of Independent Age's future success and feel you have the necessary skills, please apply today. Closing date for applications is Monday 7th September.