What is cord?
Where we work, matters - but many people get lost in the noise. A mismatch of middlemen, legacy tech and sales people make finding work unreasonably difficult. Despite 55% of technology workers being open to opportunities, only 8% are actively looking for new positions. Whilst technology and start-ups revolutionise the workplace, recruiting is still stuck in the past. The tragedy of modern work is not our lack of talented, passionate or creative people, but that so many people get lost on the way.
cord is a tech start-up that enables the most simple transaction on earth - a conversation - to happen between someone and their future colleagues. Every message is direct and instant. All the information is relevant and transparent. It feels natural, as if it was always meant to be that way.
But underneath the hood, facilitating these conversations isn't so simple. We are rebuilding the infrastructure that underpins it all, able to handle recruiting complexity and distributing talented people at scale. cord is used by some of the fastest growing technology companies / start-ups in the world, from Monzo to Starling Bank, to Skyscanner. To date, we have changed the lives of tens of thousands of people. But we're only getting started.
We're a diverse team of talented, like-minded, value driven people, focusing on creating positive change at scale. We look for people who naturally lead from the front and work best in a results driven environment. We believe this gives people freedom, autonomy, and a clear focus. We don't rush our hiring, and we don't make someone an offer lightly. But when we do, we back them. We invest in the craft of our work, prioritise individual learning, and execute collaboratively. In the spirit of Ray Dalio, we fear boredom and mediocrity much more than we fear failure.What type of person are we looking for?
We are looking for a current or ex recruitment consultant / in-house recruiter who wants to use their skills in a brand new way. You will join our Customer Success Team as a Customer Success Manager. In the immediate term, your focus will be running set-up sessions with technology companies and managing their experience on cord.
We are after someone who is completely customer focused, with an unwavering passion for helping companies and people. Importantly, we are looking for a recruitment consultant / in-house recruiter with the drive to give companies the best experience and support possible. You will have the ambition to create new processes that help to make the journey on cord as seamless and enjoyable as possible. We look for people who put the team first and themselves second. We look for people who let their actions, not their words, do the talking. Above all, we look for people who are vigorously determined to do well - and do good.
From day 1, you will be running set-up sessions, owning the customer success journey and hitting weekly success metrics. This will be achieved by clear communication with companies and the fostering of genuine relationships with the CTO/CEOs and Heads of Talent in London's start-ups and scale-ups. As a Customer Success Manager, you will learn how a cutting edge software product actually works, inside and out. You will take a product that is already making a big impact - and share it more widely than ever.
Over time, you are likely to progress into a leadership position that will define the company's future.There are a few minimum requirements we expect you to have
What you can expect to be doing in the first few months
- 1-2 years as a recruitment consultant (agency or in-house recruiter experience)
- Significant experience hiring Software Developers, DevOps Engineers, QA Analysts and Data Scientists
- Solid technical knowledge (ie you can read a technical CV and understand how software is built at a high level)
- The ability to communicate effectively with different personalities and seniority
- Strong university education, or an exceptional personal journey
- You are both value driven and results focused
- Your character is naturally infectious and you exude positive energy
- Being a self starter with a track record of ownership matters more to you than job titles
- As an individual you are highly self-reflective; you can 'fail well' without ego, learn, and improve
- Running set-up sessions with CEOs/CTOs/Heads of Talent
- Using empathy to truly understand what companies and users are looking to achieve on cord and why they have struggled elsewhere.
- Use our software stack to sharpen the Customer Success process (Vidyard, HUbspot, LinkedIn, Zapier, HubSpot)
- Bring your own ideas in about how to refine the customer journey - we will back you to change processes and execute on new ones
- Unlimited Holidays: We run on results, not facetime
- A culture that actively encourages continuous learning and progression
- A fun and rewarding environment: stimulating fast paced, meaningful and exciting
Note: we are 'default remote' until 2021. Our HQ is in London Bridge and open as of August, so we can use it to meet up for essential meetings - 1-1 training etc.