This is a fantastic opportunity for the right individual to join a leading and growing corporate brokarage, advisory and trading house.
The Data Engineer will help the firm reach its' aspiration of enhancing decision making by working with our Data Architect to help improve our data assets, as well as the reporting that is based upon them.
Working as a part of the Information Technology department you will be developing data solutions for a diverse and complex set of inter-related businesses.
They are looking for a highly Technical Hands-on Data Engineer who will be assisiting and helping build the automated ETL Data pipelines as well as being involved in a number of greenfeild projects that the firm have.
1 to 2 years Financial services experince would be preferred for this role
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skill sets, competencies & traits:
- A proven ability to solve problems and troubleshooting issues
- A high attention to detail
- An ability to work closely and productively with business people
- Practical knowledge of SSIS Catalog and SSAS or similar
- A solid understanding of ETL/ELT, Database design, Data Warehousing, Development and Administration
- Good experience of parsing data formats such as XML/JSON and using 3rd party API's
- Familiarity with other types of storage and retrieval (column stores, REST APIs, etc.)
- Confident and resolute when dealing with competing goals and constraints
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Pro-active & self-motivated with a sense of ownership
- Experience of MS SQL (2019) in a Data Engineer/SQL Developer/DBA role for 3 years or more
- Experience of working with a source control system (e.g. Git, Subversion, Perforce, etc.).
- Experience of working with a modern business intelligence toolset like Power BI.
- Experience of continuous integration and build pipelines
- Familiarity of data diagramming tools.
- Familiarity with confidentiality issues and data protection laws.
- Familiarity with other types of storage and retrieval (column stores, REST APIs, etc.) would be beneficial.
- Familiarity with scripting languages (like Python) or other data management tools would be beneficial, but not essential.
Please apply if you match all the requirements for more information.