ISO, a Verisk business, has been a leading source of information about property/casualty insurance risk since 1971. For a broad spectrum of commercial and personal lines of insurance, ISO provides statistical, actuarial, underwriting, and claims information and analytics; compliance and fraud identification tools; policy language; information about specific locations; and technical services. ISO serves insurers, reinsurers, agents and brokers, insurance regulators, risk managers, and other participants in the property/casualty insurance marketplace. To learn more about ISO please visit us at: www.verisk.com/iso. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It's the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It's why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It's the aim of our "returnship" program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it's what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers' problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We've been recognized byForbesas a World's Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce.Job Description
The Data Specialist requires a solid understanding of database technologies, particularly SQL Server and be skilled in producing complex queries.
The Data Specialist will also be responsible for generating business reports for internal use and also external use by clients. To do so the Data Specialist will be experienced in the use of SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services) and have knowledge of other tools such as PowerBI and Tableau.
The Data Specialist will understand and be experienced in performing ETL (Extract, Transform & Load) tasks on large volumes of data using SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services) from various data sources such as but not limited to CSV, XML and JSON.
It is expected that the Data Specialist will primarily focus on the FraudStar product however will also work with other teams within the business on tasks such as generating data for data scientists, working with software developers on integration of the database and general maintenance and performance management of the company's databases.
This role will require the Data Specialist to work both alone and as part of a team to take disparate data and use unique and novel solutions to generate and create production ready solutions.Responsibilities
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team to forward the development of database solutions within the business
- Ability to research new and cutting-edge technologies and advise the business on the best solution to various problems
- Ability to turn theory and research into workable production ready solutions and used to working with large volumes of data
- Develop database solutions to store and retrieve information.
- Install and configure information systems to ensure functionality and analyse structural requirements for new software and applications.
- Migrate data from legacy systems to new solutions.
- Design conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts.
- Improve system performance by conducting tests, troubleshooting and integrating new elements.
- Optimize new and current database systems.
- Define security and backup procedures.
- Coordinate with the Data Science department to identify future needs and requirements.
- Provide operational support for Management Information Systems (MIS).
- Ability to take reporting concepts to design and implement new reporting
- Ability to take raw data and generate scripts to clean and import the data into a usable database for reporting, or use by the companies SaaS applications
- All work will be fully documented and stored within appropriate version control solutions
- Working with other teams to ensure they have the data required to perform their roles
- Report in a clear and concise way any required data insights and accuracy overviews to the wider business
- Completes all responsibilities as outlined on annual Performance Plan.
- Completes all special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Develop and maintain data visualizations
- Develop and maintain actionable insights into system data
- Assist other members of the team where required
- Experiences with database technologies, specifically SQL Server
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of current industry best practices and new technologies
- Experience with technologies such as SSIS, SSRS and SSBS
- Experience in using visualization tools such as PowerBI, Tableau and Spotfire
- Experience creating, performing and maintaining ETL tasks
- Experience in database management and performance improvement implementation
- Logical, organized and analytical approach with an attention to detail
- Have a sufficient understanding of information security and quality procedures to work to an acceptable level on a daily basis
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Consumer Privacy Notice